Some of you wanted Inflation? Well here it comes!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Here in the heartland, farmers are getting word from their insurance companies that the corn is a total loss. Disk the fields.

Farmers here are just mowing them over to save fuel.

Early this morning, it rained. Some of the residents at my facility got up at the sound of the thunder and looked outside. Some of them had tears in their eyes.

While making rounds I asked what was wrong. I was told that corn is lost, but we might be able to save the beans. The look in some of the old farmers eyes I will carry with me for life. Farmers live an intense life, it turns out.

The MSM will not pick this up for awhile, but those folk here in the basement might want to google just what a failed corn crop will do to all kinds of prices.

I have heard nothing from DC.

Once again, I have to ask my President, why have you not readied the nation for what is coming?

2. Crispy

Crispy

Too busy campaigning?

3. I HATE to say this, but Pres. Obama might well not know the rest of his own state. I said this before when he needlessly stirred up the Catholics.

And now they have fallen silent, rather suddenly. This is a very very bad sign.

Mittens is a joke. His own party thinks he is a joke. But if prices begin to spike this fall, and they will, I assure you, then Pres. Obama will be on the defense in the worst possible month.

October.

I simply do not understand what he is doing right now. I am glad that he is in Colorado, make no mistake, but a natural disaster is unfolding, and I am not sure he knows it.

4. He was busy reprimanding NASA for using the word ''unprecedented'' when referring to the melting ice in Greenland and NASA then told him he didn't ''build'' the Queen's language.

5. Ricter

Ricter

It is a natural disaster, but what are we supposed to do about it? As members of a rich nation, we will be able to afford the increased food prices.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The corn crop and present drought have been all over commodity news, I assure you. The MSM may be ignoring it, but it is being referred to as a Black Swan in many economic blogs. I've told you that I work for a Consumer Products company and we're already planning significant price increases for corn ingredient and indirect ingredient (corn feeds a whole host of protein based ingredients) price shock coming to town.

Who will suffer? As always, the consumer.

If the Fed actually releases QE3 next week like the markets are anticipating, the fall price changes are going to be catastrophic.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Nice of you to speak up for all those people on SNAP.

8. Ricter

Ricter

By the way, RCG, cost push inflation is not the type we want.

9. lol. you havent been listening.they are praying for rain. it worked so well for texas when rick perry had a prayer meeting for rain so dc though they would do it. oops, it still hasent rained in texas.
    superstition is so ingrained in the american mentality that even grown educated adults think prayer brings rain.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is praying for rain to bring relief from the drought, which is devastating crops and likely to push up food prices.

“I get on my knees every day,” Vilsack told reporters at the White House today. “And I’m saying an extra prayer now. If I had a rain prayer or a rain dance I could do, I would do it.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/agriculture-secretary-tom-vilsack-prays-for-rain/

10. Quick how can we blame Bush?

#10     Jul 26, 2012