Some of these prints are ridiculous

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Sep 19, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

If the underlying stocks can't be shorted, any derivative vehicle based upon them will be impacted.... that includes the ES.

Some of the "normal dynamic" of the market has been removed. The market will still be able to decline, of course, but it will likely play a bit differently.

#11     Sep 22, 2008
  2. That's right. Some foolish traders think they can still make money by shorting ES. They don't seem to understand that ES is the tail and the actual stock market is the dog. If the cash market refuses to go down, the futures market will not go down either.

#12     Sep 22, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

My ES shorts have done just fine thanks.

As for the rest of your post - that was all true 2 weeks ago before any of this shenanigans.

What's amusing is that people think lack of shorting will mean stocks must go higher. Anyone with some logical reasoning ability and basic economics knows this isn't the case. For the doubters, a quick look at stock price movement after previous short-bans will disabuse anyone of this erroneous notion.

#13     Sep 22, 2008
  4. That is absolutely correct....as I have stated before in other threads, "stay SHORT and stay OFTEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#14     Sep 22, 2008
  5. sounds good to me!! :D

#15     Sep 22, 2008
  6. This was the play into new LOWS today.....prints will stay wild as the planned economic destruction continues.

#16     Sep 29, 2008