some of the Market Wizards are taking hits.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MainFramer, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who cares what the "wizards" are doing. I think the books are incredibly well written, and show some true insight into some very high quality minds, and strategies, but these guys never make real high % returns. I'd be pretty upset with myself if I had only a 100% year. Most of them are VERY satisfied with a anything over 30% annually. Over 50% and they think they're god. I doubt more than a hadfull can consistently return a few hundred % annually. I personally know quite a few people who have had 10 straight 100%+ return years, they're in no book. They don't want to be. They are the true wizards. I don't know why anyone would even shoot for a 50% annual bogey (excluding widows and orphans who need to preserve their capital). If I knew that was all I was getting, I'd just buy bonds and know there was zero risk.

#51     May 12, 2002
  2. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Prae,

With all due respect, there is a big difference moving around six figures like I do and returning a few hundred % and moving around 7 to 8 and some cases 9 figures and making 30-50%...

% returns are not the always the best way to measure monetary performance...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#52     May 12, 2002
  3. I agree with you completely. It's way easier to move mid 6-figs than 9 figs, but I think that at some point, even moving that much should yield at least 100%+. Just think of all the large caps that have had intrayear ranges of over 50%. Then think of the other markets that are tradable. Many futs markets have traded in extreme ranges this year (natty gas for instance). With huge leverage in a very liquid market, I think that good traders could move 9 figures seamlessly for tripple digit performance.

#53     May 12, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

I'll take a consistant 35% return any day...

1 million at a compounded rate of return of 35% for 10 years > 20 million, over 20 years it > 404 million.

#54     May 12, 2002
  5. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Prae,

I don't know bro... I am able to return triple digits on my 6 figure account BUT I don't know if I could wit 7,8,9 or if I'd even want to attempt to...

Is there anybody at all out there trading considerable size (<8 figures) achieving these results on a consistent basis???

Thats probably the reason we are sitting on a thread with the title "market wiards blowing up"

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#55     May 12, 2002
  6. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Im with Def on this one!

#56     May 12, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

Commisso,

Which one? the $20M or the $404M?

nitro :confused:

#57     May 12, 2002
  8. Commisso

Commisso Guest

I'll settle for middle grounds saaaay an even 200mil :D

#58     May 12, 2002
  9. Let me manage it for ya.... lol. You can have 35% guaranteed and I can keep the extra 200% for myself.

#59     May 12, 2002
  10. I know people flipping low to mid 8 figs now. They can do 100%+ now. When they were at the low 7 figs, they were still doing 300%+ years.

#60     May 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.