some of the Market Wizards are taking hits.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MainFramer, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last year I had a conversation with Schonfeld's #1 guy (D****- makes more money than some countries).

I mentioned to him that Market Wizards 3 just came out, and they neglected to include him. His response:

"I'll take the P/L without the publicity."

#31     May 12, 2002

2. or fame is your enemy

(same difference but maybe a little bit more accurate- plenty of anonymous traders flame out also :D )

#32     May 12, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

Frozen,

Who is this masked man? D**** ?

nitro

#33     May 12, 2002
  4. vinigar

vinigar

Kinda like that song...not sure who sang it....think it was the Eagles.

Dirty Laundry....kick em when their up....kick em when their down.

I liked Darkhorses comment, moreover, its like mother nature...it can take the strongest thing made by man and flatten it in no time...and so can the Market:)

#34     May 12, 2002
  5. He's done so much for me, that I'm really not comfortable compromising his anonominity.

He's the trader that everyone wishes they could become.
    The absolute best securities daytrader in the world.

#35     May 12, 2002

6. Whoa nelly cuz!

I think that's a pretty strong statement, given that all the other top dogs are equally anonymous, so there is no way to compare.

I also have a strong suspicion that even at the highest levels there is a general maximization point, some level of percentage where gains become asymptotal just below, approaching it but not exceeding.

It's just a pet theory I developed after watching the olympics. Take the downhill for example: you have literally the best in the world, spread out over ten or fifteen countries, all training for years with their own unique methods- and yet in competition they all come within fractions of a second.

I think there may be a similar maximization level that top traders hit, kind of like the one top olympians hit. When you are the best of the best, your comparison to another best of the best guy could be coin flip better or worse on a given day.

Just a theory.

#36     May 12, 2002
  7. p.s. Frozen what is this guy's typical share size per trade if you can reveal it? I like playing around with numbers and one of the things I'm interested in is the size cap, i.e. the max number of shares a short term guy can play with before performance deterioration sets in.

p.p.s. one of my best buddies uses the handle Frozen, trades for a Russian outfit out of St. Petersburg (a legit fund, no hidden meaning in the word 'outfit' :) )

#37     May 12, 2002
  8. He was right, New Bull, just like the Old Bull****

#38     May 12, 2002
  9. you bet he ain't hurting too bad. if you were getting millions per year from seminars and other B.S. that he does, you wouldn't be hurting either. (not to imply that you're hurting currently)

#39     May 12, 2002
  10. EOM

#40     May 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.