some of the Market Wizards are taking hits.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MainFramer, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 13th Investor's Business Daily's Investor's Corner section quotes Peter Moon of innerworth.com as saying the some of the Market Wizards profiled by Jack Schwager in 1989 have taken big hits and are no longer trading. No names given. Moon says he noticed that the ones who got hit displayed strong egos in the Schwager interviews.

2. In 1999 I invested a quarter mil in the the Dennis Fund.
    A year later, Richard Dennis went belly up, and I was down about 50% on my investment.
    That's some lousy turtle soup.

3. If only 5% (my estimate) of new traders survive a year or two, those that survive 10 years must be in the 99th percentile. Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness" illustrates how some traders just happen to be in the right place at the right time with the right strategy and make a fortune. When times change they fade from view. Im a big fan of Linda Raschke and she just keeps chugging along. It says a lot about the robustness of her methods.

4. Splat

Splat

But isnt this another indication of the fact that people
    who were in the right place at the right time i.e. during the
    bull market, did extremely well. The change in the market parameters are now sorting out the 'men' from the 'boys' ...

5. Splat

Splat

easy: sorry accidently duplicated some of your message! Started
    writing my msg to the original msg then got distracted
    elsewhere ....

6. Shit happens in our business ...

7. ~~~~Shit happens in our business ...~~~~

Maybe so, but I know that I won't be conducting any future business with any slow green reptiles in a hard shell.

8. He was and is a great trader; just not so good with managed money, nobody is perfect ...

9. Yes, I'm sure he achieves fantastic returns on his $2,000 Ameritrade account.

10. We have some mutual friends and I hear he is not hurting too bad ...

#10     May 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.