Some obvious facts...

Discussion in 'Options' started by mutluit, Nov 8, 2012.

1. sle

sle

Obvious Fact: Some people should not be allowed into a library unattended

#31     Nov 11, 2012
  2. <<< - The payoff (premium) of a higher volatile options is lesser than that of a lower volatile options. >>>

Repeating the same mis-statement will not make it true.

<<< Downside is limited, but Upside is unlimited... :)
    (hint: a stock cannot fall below 0... >>>

You don't need a stock to drop to zero to wipe out your account.
    If you have a portfolio of credit spreads, and they all drop a penny below their strikes, due to some market event, your account is wiped out.... minus any credit you've brought in.
    (Unless you've reinvested those credits in additional spreads..... which have also been wiped out.)

<<< The trade isn't a winner or a loser until the entire position is closed.
    In the mean time strategic position management together with strategic money management should be (has to be) applied, if necessary. >>>

Money management should be considered BEFORE the trade is initiated.
    "Strategic position management" is code for taking losses on a deteriorating trade, or locking in gains early on a profitable one.

<<< - Don't forget Theta, aka the time decay... >>>

That statement by itself means nothing and serves no useful purpose.
    A more useful statement would be.... decide if you want Theta working for you or against you.

#32     Nov 11, 2012
  3. Or public bathrooms.
    YUCK!

#33     Nov 11, 2012
  4. mutluit

mutluit

People like you will never understand it as it's maths for quants, not for ignorants.

...hey, this rhymes... ::)

#34     Nov 11, 2012
  5. mutluit

mutluit

You are as usual talking BS (by this I don't mean Black-Scholes :)), b/c it's exactly the opposite of taking losses.
    It's about avoiding losses by strategically managing the position size using the right market timing(s).
    Money management cannot be static as you seem to think, it must be dynamic for the whole duration of the trade, not only at position opening. It's called "position management" or "managing a position" and includes money management and risk management...

#35     Nov 11, 2012
  6. sle

sle

Are you going to say that you are a quant now? Ouch!

#36     Nov 11, 2012
  7. mutluit

mutluit

Yes, I studied especially the Black-Scholes formula, and even made the Ito-Lemma used therrein unnecessary, still getting the same result., ie. I improved/simplified the formula.
    I'm a professional senior programmer, I also have some experience in using quantlib, if you know what it is...

What about you? Are you a quant? I doubt it.

#37     Nov 11, 2012
  8. sle

sle

I am nearly rolling on the floor. Are you bwolinsky's twin?

If by "quant" you mean "quantitative trader" then yes, I am a quant. Oh, and yes, I know what quantlib is :)

#38     Nov 11, 2012
  9. mutluit

mutluit

No, you are not a quant b/c the definition of a quant is not that what you think it is.
    A quant is a mathematician in finance.

#39     Nov 11, 2012
  10. sle

sle

I am sorry, are you a mathematician or a "senior programmer that has used quantlib"?

PS. I am kinda suspecting that you are simply taking a piss and I am falling for it...

#40     Nov 11, 2012