Some observations on scalping Crude

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by gurucandidate, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jjgallow

jjgallow

No there's a bold, bold statement by someone older and wiser than myself!

I find this post particularly interesting because hail-marys like this are called often on this board, but are almost never right and are hardly ever called by someone with as much experience as yourself.

Here's what I have to ask you..in a market which is more likely to gap on opens than not, what do you see happening if 62.20 IS breached, seeing as this is a relatively likely possibility?

#21     Mar 1, 2007
  2. Remember I'm strictly looking at the eMini Crude. 62.200 isn't "MY" critical Resistance level but 62.400 & 62.500 are. I'm seeing weakness all over this top and though this call is a little aggressive it is still valid.

I guess I'm getting feisty in my old age. :cool: Playing at the top is not smart but I have some short term confirmations I'm looking at. 61.350 & 61.100 are my initial downside targets. I keep the STOPS tight to give me plenty of room to breath on the outside. "I trade to make money, I don't trade to make my broker money or to stimulate the economy" ME :p

If we do take out the 62.500 top then 64.125 will be the next target to the upside.

I love this environment.

#22     Mar 1, 2007
  3. Thanks a lot. I figured it out last night. Wow, $1,750 for 1 contract on a 1.75 move? That equates to $10 for a penny move. Am I seeing this correctly?

I know I've been sounding like a fool lately. That's because I have no idea about the cl or any other futures. Just trying to learn.

#23     Mar 1, 2007
  4. jeffowy

jeffowy

Thanks ProfLogic,

I really appreciate the further analysis.

I am..of course...hoping for the other direction, but oh well.

I'd love to know what kind of technicals you trade with.

#24     Mar 1, 2007
  5. Here is Short Term Swing Chart. I usually trade a little slower term than this.

I use Volume Bar Charts instead of Minute or Tick Charts. No Fibs, No Elliott and No Gann, simply price and a single indicator (Ergodic) used ONLY to CONFIRM the creation of tops (Resistance) & bottoms (Support). Then I simple compare each oscillation, top or bottom, to it's sequential counterpart both at extreme (Prime) levels and minor levels. This gives me a consistent and ongoing read as to price direction and the strength of each move between each resistance to support and support to resistance oscillation.

#25     Mar 2, 2007
  6. Re-Evaluated E-Mini Crude this morning right before Market open and saw that it did Breach 62.200 but Matched 62.400, my longer term SHORT TRIGGER. I entered short anyway from the 62.300 oscillation failure but readjusted the STOP to 62.450.

#26     Mar 2, 2007
  7. Hi guys

thank you to everybody who took a look at my blog . I really appreciate the time you took to read my analysis. All your comments,suggestions, and questions are very welcome. I'm not always on ET but you can reach me at lionelk@mail.com. Again thank you for your time.

oh yeah... I just updated my blog. Tell me what you think. DOn't be afraid to leave comments.

www.liofmc.blogspot.com

have a great weekend :)

#27     Mar 2, 2007
  8. Short Swing exit and reverse on OPEN as long as 59.675 is not Breached in the overnight. 59.725 Stop.

#28     Mar 5, 2007

9. Nice call buddy..I'm also bullish for tomorrow. We'll see what happen! :)

www.liofmc.blogspot.com

#29     Mar 5, 2007
  10. jjgallow

jjgallow

You count me in as bullish..

thanks for the great charts...

I'll be the first to admit that I don't fully understand them.

It appears you have MACD, and then a black trendline...

would love to know more about that.

Anyway,,,, cheers!

#30     Mar 6, 2007