Some news items Z10 forgot to post

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Feb 1, 2007.

1. The point is that everyone in government agreed that Hussein was a threat. Now that things are out of control, the liberals want to blame Bush as if he is the only one who believed that Saddam Hussein had WMD's. Luckily for the Democrats people tend to have a short memory.

Unless the Democrats were just spouting off because politics and reelection are more important to them than standing up for what they truly believe. That to me is reprehensible. At least Bush is doing what he believes is the right thing. The Democrats are just trying to figure out which way the wind blows and go with it.

#11     Feb 3, 2007
  2. Are you having problems with known facts again?

We have now had most dems and even some repubs admit they were wrong...so Bush is still right? The voters in November were wrong?

Bush of course is to blame, after all, he is the "decider."

Bush decided not to allow the weapons inspectors to do their job, to give them the time they needed, to rush to judgment, to start a preemptive war based on bogus intelligence claims, rather than letting the experts on the ground do their job...which would have produce the known facts:

Saddam was not a threat.

Republiklans never die, they just denial, denial away...

"At least Bush is doing what he believes is the right thing."

Further evidence of a you being a koolaid drinker who confuses knowing with believing what a politician says...

As if you know what Bush really believes...

Cracks me up...

#12     Feb 3, 2007
  3. You're crying over spilt milk. The germane issue is the suggestion to pull out of Iraq and the attendant consequences.

#13     Feb 3, 2007
  4. By max401 "logic" if everyone at the party thought she was really 19, but she was actually only 14, it wouldn't be statutory rape...and Bush would still be claiming that he was right to fuck that 14 year old girl...

The "spilt milk" rationalization is typical of republiklans when they are caught on the wrong side of reality...

#14     Feb 3, 2007
  5. If I'm a kool aid drinker, then you're swimming in the punch bowl buddy.

#15     Feb 3, 2007
  6. You clearly are are a defensive kool aid drinker of the party line, and whatever I am doesn't in any way excuse the you from being a sheepish follower...

Typical reply from the neoklan trying to minimize their own flaws with a strawman response...

#16     Feb 3, 2007
  7. Strawman response? The only straw I see is the one you're sippin your kool aid with.

Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!

OHHH YEAHHH!

#17     Feb 3, 2007
  8. What can be said?

Another "high minded" response from a republiklan...

To be expected from followers and defenders of Bush and Cheney...

#18     Feb 3, 2007
  9. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

Here's an interesting perspective I read in the Letters section of the newspaper:

Posted: Jan. 29, 2007
    IRAQ
    Listen to those who live the mission
    I have finished a tour in Iraq where I went on almost daily convoys. There are many troops who are on their third or fourth tours. There are many who volunteered to go back.

Advertisement

Buy a link hereThe soldiers in Iraq want to finish the mission. I was not afraid of the enemy but afraid that our political leaders and the American people would not give us the time or assets to finish the mission.

We hear that Americans are growing tired of the war. I wonder: Tired from what? The troops and their families are the ones who are sacrificing for the war. No one is being asked to change his or her standard of living. No one is being asked to ration gas or food. There is no draft.

Many political leaders go to Iraq and then come back and give their opinions about the war. But did they go on convoys and patrols with the troops, or did they stay in the safety of the palaces and receive PowerPoint briefings?

People say the president should listen to the generals. I say we should listen to the troops on the ground - the sergeants and the privates; they understand the costs, the sacrifices, the benefits and the mission because they live them every day.

Evan Wynn
    Whitewater

#19     Feb 3, 2007
  10. James Webb of Virginia

Barack Obama of Illinois

Russ Feingold of Wisconsin

Paul Wellstone of Minnesota

Lincoln Chaffee of Rhode Island

Jim Jeffords of Vermont

Patrick Leahy of Vermont

Carl Levin of Michigan

Robert Byrd of West Virginia