Some new thoughts on Tesla...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cabin111, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

Two questions...Why did Tesla come out with their recall after the market closed on Thursday?? Also, why do we not hear about the fire than went along with the deadly crash in California last week??? The press has tried to cover up the fire...That is more of a concern that the driver being distracted and using autopilot. If a Tesla can get into an accident and cause a fire (with a gas or diesel vehicle) it could be a game changer. One last thing...If Tesla is moving people from two assembly lines to the Model 3 line...Won't it effect the output from those other lines?? Robbing Peter to pay Paul...

2. I guess it depends on the profit margin and the sales numbers of the assembly lines they are scalping. All the attention is on the Model 3 though

I guess the reason they waited til the closing is so it would not impact trading and give people a chance to digest the news

They do it all the time with earnings reports and major news announcements

Markanthony likes this.
  3. Cabin111

Cabin111

I know many people are looking at future earnings (maybe a pipe dream). But how can this stock be worth over $260. a share with these issues and bond ratings?? Am I not seeing something? Will the government bail out the company?? Maybe another flight to Mars may help??? Below...Just something off the internet.

Moody’s cut Tesla’s overall rating to B3, or six levels below investment grade, from B2 and said its outlook on the company is negative. Tesla’s $1.8 billion of senior unsecured notes, issued in August, were downgraded to Caa1, seven steps into junk, from B3.

“Tesla’s ratings reflect the significant shortfall in the production rate of the company’s Model 3 electric vehicle,” Moody’s analyst Bruce Clark said in the report. “The company also faces liquidity pressures due to its large negative free cash flow and the pending maturities.”

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  4. I like the chutzpah of Elon Musk, but he has too many irons in the fire.

I see the company being busted up. The car industry will be sold off to someone and the solar panel division and the rockets / space launches will be another company.

I am not sure about the department handling the flame throwers. They might be ignored and flame out.......:D

vanzandt likes this.
  5. nursebee

nursebee

I'm still waiting for the new thoughts...

truetype likes this.
  6. This is what happens when getting "high on technology".
    Of course they want to keep the story quite, it will downward their stock price immediately... which is a big business damage..

From what I read in Reuters the crash is not related with navigation problems:

“find anything suggesting that the customer ever complained to Tesla about the performance of Autopilot. There was a concern raised once about navigation not working correctly, but Autopilot’s performance is unrelated to navigation.”

Аnd moreover, Tesla will not like to take responsibility on the case...

"In its Friday statement, Tesla also said vehicle logs from the accident showed no action had been taken by the driver right before the crash and that he had received earlier warnings to put his hands on the wheel.

The statement did not say why the Autopilot system apparently did not detect the concrete divider. "

We live in a capitalism era, what matter are the margins, the BOP in the end of the year, nothing more.. :caution:

AbishMathew likes this.
  7. @Markanthony , I agree with you. But the blame shouldn't be put on Tesla , Tesla is doing whatever each big company would do if this happened...

8. ktm

ktm

Building a new car company from scratch is one of the toughest endeavors imaginable. Almost as tough as starting your own space exploration effort.

While I admire Musk - both who he is and who he wants to be - this Tesla effort just comes down to one thing. Do they have enough capital? Will they reach critical mass with all the infrastructure, production capabilities, bug fixing and support structures before the cash well runs dry?

The stock price reflects the totality of that hope. Every time you get a new bug (car fire) or a new little white lie (production shortfalls) the additional sources of potential capital get slightly smaller as the doubts grow. When the Tesla cash well runs dry, you can believe Musk will be having bake sales in front of the grocery store on Saturdays to buy more time for this thing. He has incredible resolve, energy and determination but no amount of any of that pays the bills.

9. nursebee

nursebee

10. nursebee

nursebee