Some more strange E-mail

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Intrinsic, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Has anyone with a yahoo account received an e-mail like this one below?

What's strange about this e-mail is first of all it came in my bulk e-mail folder, it has a zip file attachment, & my yahoo account is not disabled.

Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:04:33 -0500
    To: xxxxxx@yahoo.com
    Subject: Notify about your e-mail account utilization.

Dear user, the management of Yahoo.com mailing system wants to let you know that,

Your e-mail account has been temporary disabled because of unauthorized access.

For further details see the attach.

For security purposes the attached file is password protected. Password is "xxxxxx".

Cheers,
    The Yahoo.com team http://www.yahoo.com

2. This is well known fake yahoo email for hacking your computer.

3. Hello,

I recall getting that same email in the last week or so. The sad thing is I don't remember if I opened it or just deleted it.:confused: I usually just delete them, but now I'm a little paranoid! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do, though I've not noticed anything out of the ordinary yet? I have Norton Systemworks 2003. I've noticed it's been updating like CRAZY, seems like everyday @ least.

TIA for any advice.

Good Trading & God Bless!
    L8R Kelly

4. Cheese

Cheese

Its staggers me at sheer volume of sh*t e-mails and spam I receive. Does anyone else get 100+ of utter junk per day?

I delete en bloc .. only keep or open e-mails where I recognize for certain the sender.

Got Norton etc but just very occasionally a worm or virus can still manage to get in.

5. gms

gms

This latest virus has a zip file as an attachment. You may recall if you've unzipped an email attachment recently or not. The best protection of course is never to open an attachment if you don't recognize the sender. But then again, sometimes the infected computer is a friend's. So it pays to update your anti-virus software's virus definitions routinely and when you hear about new viruses making their rounds.

Just because of the sheer numbers of junk mail I get, upwards of range of 400 to 500 or so pieces a day, I use mailwasher from www.mailwasher.net to screen. I feel that's what my life has come to, screening/deleting emails that fall under two categories: all things for and about my penis, and everything else.

6. nitro

nitro

My wife received it. I told her to igonre it.

nitro

7. I get about 400 emails a day regarding my penis also, gms, but they are from mostly women who know me. It's definitely too much, and I can't focus on my work with these endless requests. I hope they don't give me a virus.

8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I do not get more than one spam e-mail in three months. Comcast is my ISP and they have been great. Comcast must scan for spam and filter it out. I am convinced my previous ISPs sold my e-mail address for spam use.

9. Thanks for the info!

#10     Mar 4, 2004