some more potential snake oil

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by marketsurfer, Apr 12, 2004.

1. 'Potential'? You mean you did not give a fart to do your homework and instead you chose a libel form of 'research'. How typical of ET posters recently...

I followed his picks for a while and all I can say is that you might learn a lot from this guy both in terms of integrity (a thinly veiled libel has nothing to do with integrity) and quality of his work... Keep up your good detective work. It just cannot get any better ...

2. Hello Dr Stoxx, I hope you can add to our knowledge!

In the interest of "integrity", I think you should address these criticisms from your SI forum in more detail:

To: Dr. Stoxx who wrote (33744)
    View Replies (1) | Respond to of 33792

Thomas, I've always liked you, and still benefit from the old BTTT-MAX 5e/8s method to a certain extent, but I find your posting of testimonials to your subscription service a little distasteful here on SI. It's probably a TOU violation as well"

To:eddieww who wrote (33750)
    View Replies (2) | Respond to of 33792

I'd like to see a more 'complete' reporting of the actual data. From my observations, it seems like 30 to 40 percent (%) of the 'calls' made never execute. When that is factored in with the 73% of the calls that execute and do make money, the overall success rate is more likely in the 40 to 50% range. Truth in advertising might serve to cut down on the number of disgruntled customers.
    Then again, one has to realize we are dealing with an academic, with all of that ivory tower, publish or perish, self promotional arrogance. But then again, if TC were like me (exceptionally humble and exceedingly proud of it), it would be no fun ribbing him.

3. i am presenting information, it is up to YOU to decide. what is a "libel form of research"---? never heard that phrase before.

can anyone check on this guys doctorate ? should be easy to confirm from oxford.

:confused:

4. Tauvros

Tauvros

From electron

>>'Potential'? You mean you did not give a fart to do your homework and instead you chose a libel form of 'research'. How typical of ET posters recently...<<

Isn't drstoxx an infamous yahoo msg board spammer who magically appears after the fact touting his services.....maybe i should do a little "homework"........................

Look what I found

Search Result: Found 0 board match and 25 message matches for [dr stoxx]

Yahoo! Message Boards - Message Matches (1 - 20 of 25)

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Services > Recreational Activities > NFLX

Dr Stoxx long NFLX - called it yesterday, wow, nice timing! his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM highly recommended - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Technology > Computer Storage Devices > SNDK

Thanks to Dr Stoxx for SNDK - called it long in his newsletter a few days ago, nice call! his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM highly recommended - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Technology > Software and Programming > RNWK

Dr Stoxx long RNWK - from 6.40, nice call! his picks have been great in his MTT newsletter his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM highly recommended - by: Kinsell
    DR. STOXX long RNWK - target of 7.40. nice move today his site if interested: WWW.BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Technology > Software and Programming > BEAS

Dr Stoxx long BEAS - target 14.25 his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Healthcare > Biotechnology and Drugs > ELN

Re: Dr STOXX on ELN - Really,don't you love these experts that say it was a great buy yesterday,of course they were all over it(lol).His post is about the best"on the other hand"report I have seen.It's like I told one of my lawyers the other day.I am looking for a one armed lawyer,because I am tired of hearing"but on the other hand". - by: boughtelanat2
    Re: Dr STOXX on ELN - .......Kinsell I just took a quick look at your list of previous posts. You and this Dr.Stoxx or is it stock, seem to be real close infact I`d guess him and you are spliting the spoils from this befriendthetrend.com. I`d kinda like to call it "Befriendthe spoils.com" now what do you think of that? - by: odz500
    Dr STOXX on ELN - emailed Stoxx last night about ELN and here ws his response- "Sure, just put in a good word about the website, will you? LOL! I have a near-term upside target on ELN of 23.00+ following yesterday's successful break of a "coiled spring" formation. I'd be a dip buyer up to that point, at which I'd consider taking some off the table. ELN was called long in my BTTT Daily Newsletter on Tuesday for a quick-turn ONT (OverNightTrade). We took a quick profit...a nice one!...and have since moved on to other things. But I still like the chart here. Hope that helps!" GOOD WORD: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM (he's very good!) K. - by: Kinsell
    Dr Stoxx long ELN here - last time he called it long it shot up +12% in 1 day! Looks good here despite the evening selloff. I bot some in afterhours at 19.56 and 19.75. his site if interested: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM it's kinda low-key site but he's very good, been a member for 7 months now - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Technology > Semiconductors > CREE

Re: Dr Stoxx likes CREE long - Yea, but didn't he like CREE long a few weeks back?? And look what happened! - by: earlybird99771
    Dr Stoxx likes CREE long - for a short term swing his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM recommended - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Services > Broadcasting and Cable TV > UCOMA

Dr Stoxx likes UCOMA long again - made a lot on his last call for a short term swing his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM recommended - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Technology > Semiconductors > NVDA

Re: Dr Stoxx on NVDA - I hope your right so I can add to my long term position. Sell your shares to me? - by: thadsilverfox
    Re: Dr Stoxx on NVDA - Hello Kinsell. Im assuming atyt is also a sell on that website nut can you check it out? Thanks in advance. - by: dagwood38
    Dr Stoxx on NVDA - goin' down my friends he says and he's right about 70% of the time, not a bad record his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM i'm short nvda and a longtime subscriber fwiw - by: Kinsell

Business & Finance > Investments > Sectors > Consumer Cyclical > Audio and Video Equipment > GMST

Re: Dr Stoxx long GMST again - fair enough, it was not a great day today, but at least the stock did not cave in the last half hour unlike the rest of the markt - by: Kinsell
    Re: Dr Stoxx long GMST again - if you befriend the trend and the trend is down, what say yea of this contradiction Dr Stoxx? - by: roamfreee
    Re: Dr Stoxx long GMST again - LONG GMST on Stoxx's call, 6.50 .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM - by: Kinsell
    Re: Dr Stoxx long GMST again - why? ignore his call here = your loss last time he called it at 5.00 in Jan. and it ran up to over 8.00 in 2 months! The guy is a genius with these smallcpaps have you tried his service? i've been with his "Master the Trade" newsletter for 7 months now and am up 86% in my account he's very good his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM highly recommended - by: Kinsell
    Re: Dr Stoxx long GMST again - why? ignore his call here = your loss last time Doc Stoxx called it at 5.00 in Jan. and it ran up to over 8.00 in 2 months! The guy is a genius with these smallcpaps have you tried his service? i've been with his "Master the Trade" newsletter for 7 months now and am up 86% in my account he's very good his site: .BEFRIENDTHETREND.COM highly recommended - by: Kinsell

5. IMPORTANT NOTE: at this time, there are no refunds. If you no longer wish to continue with our service, simply cancel your subscription via Paypal (or email us if you want us to cancel for you). No exceptions are made to this policy. If you forget to cancel and are charged again, we are not liable for any refund. You are solely responsible for the duration of your own subscription. If you decide to cancel your subscription, you will continue to receive the Newsletter(s) until your subscription expires.

DISCLAIMER: all stock and stock option picks are for entertainment purposes only. Befriend The Trend Trading, LLC. is not liable in any way for losses incurred through trading by its subscribers. Money can and will be lost when short-term trading. The kind of trading suggested in the BTTT Newsletters involves risk, and money can be lost.

ENTERTAINMENT purposes only ?? if you decide to cancel, you will continue to recieve the newsletter ??

bizzare !

surfer :confused:

6. Here's the first tip off:

" "I'm up 96% in 5 months with your service trading only the stocks no options (not yet). Thanks!" G.B. "

7. damir00

damir00 Guest

i don't understand how this can be legal when the "entertainment" is being explicitly marketed with "returns".

#10     Apr 13, 2004