Some Materials about Tibet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Intelinvestor, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Tums

Tums

I never understood why the Chinese government got into Tibet 50 yrs ago. But I don't think what they have done were genocide or a systematic destruction of their culture. Unless you think building a high-altitude railroad through forbidden permafrost into Tibet is detrimental to their culture.

#21     Mar 23, 2008
  2. Good luck with the pursuit of your green card.

#22     Mar 24, 2008
  3. From my previous post. Read some history of China, don't just listen to the propaganda of media like CNN.

From all the official maps from early 1700 till now, I haven't seen one single map which indicates that Tibet was/is not part of China.

Here is one map in 1914 published by the preeminent American publisher of maps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:LA2-NSRW-1-0148.jpg

Since China has continuously ruled Tibet more years than U.S. history, why do the media always lie to us that Tibet was independent before Communist China era(since 1949)? Should the media tell us the truth?

#23     Mar 24, 2008
  4. Tums

Tums

I have been to Cuba.
    I have been to China.

I can assure you the difference.

#24     Mar 24, 2008
  5. HKIB

HKIB

People or nations are doing things in their best interest. A suicide bomber would be called a freedom fighter if it is in our interest, and would be called a terrorist if it is against our interest. The so called main stream medias are all biased for a good reason. The difference is that the Chinese medias are not doing their job as good as the western counterpart in terms of deceiving people, but I believe they will do a better job in the future.

#25     Mar 24, 2008
  6. Well said.

The difference is that the people in Russia, China or other former communist countries
    know their media may be biased. People are willing to listen to the other side of the story. Thus, literate people are less brain-washed.

While people in the so-called free world thought they were well-informed and always got the truth. Actually they are more brain-washed than those under the communist regimes.

How ironic the world has become.

#26     Mar 24, 2008
  7. As I am saying now, if what American whites are doing had no harmful effect on blacks, then blacks wouldn't be preaching about their hatred toward whites after all if there is no smoke then there is no need to yell fire.

I wonder if you believe that nowadays whites created AIDS to kill blacks. If not,
    why are blacks whining?

You understand my analogy, right?

Don't forget, the other ethnic Chinese didn't own the Tibetan Chinese slaves.
    Dalai Lama did. (Just like white did on blacks)

#27     Mar 26, 2008
  8. Slave holder Dalai Lama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, what a joke!

And people don't forget who created Taliban, CIA!

#28     Mar 26, 2008
  9. HKIB

HKIB

Dalai Lama has been used as a tool to make troubles for China, and he knows it, so do the US government and Chinese government. What really matters is the national interest, not the so-called human rights; otherwise, we cannot explain that
    during the late period of bombing on Serbia, the smart bombs often dropped on the civilian targets by "mistakes". US military is mighty, so is her propaganda machine.

#29     Mar 26, 2008
  10. Yes. National interests. That is why so many Latinos and blacks are in Iraq to protect our nation interests. They ARE
    expendable.

#30     Mar 26, 2008