Some jobs require only H1B, B1 and B2 visas apply. No citizens please

Discussion in 'Economics' started by johnson100, Dec 21, 2012.

1. sle

sle

True. However, a 120k salary in Ohio is way better then 250k in the New York City. I literally think that the "exchange rate" is 1:4 or so.

#21     Dec 25, 2012
  2. 1. That last is already happening a lot. My wife was actually thinking about getting in on the business of referring people overseas for procedures.
    2. Yeah, I kicked myself up to middle mgmt. But you're not getting my point: the shortage of which you complain isn't artificial, as you say it is with doctors. It's a direct result of the price being too low. It's a version of the long lines you used to see in Russia under communism: that was regulation of supply by shortage as the price being paid for the stuff those people were buying was too low. Same thing here: people are doing without domestically produced IT help because a bright young person doesn't see the price rewarding him for the work involved in acquiring the skill. I recently interviewed a bunch of people for a job opening, and was really surprised how little was available. Even a couple of years ago you got much better candidates. This is a direct result of price suppression on the part of employers, who really seem to think there's no reason to pay up, and then simultaneously complain of a shortage. Well, duh!

#22     Dec 26, 2012
  3. You bet, and I've witnessed so many dumb executives while I was IT temping the past 5 years. Unbelievable they were making 2x-4x what I was making.

#23     Dec 26, 2012