Some IB Charts not working

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by maryp, Nov 9, 2008.

1. I've subscribed to the data and am getting quotes. However, despite getting live quotes, certain ETF symbols such as: IWM, DIA, SSO, SDS will not backfill. This keeps happening, some days they work and other days (like today) they don't, no backfill.

Anyone else having this problem with IB's data feed? Def, any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#11     Nov 14, 2008
  2. Isnt ARCA covered under US exchanges? or do you now need ARCA Book sub?

#12     Nov 14, 2008
  3. Here is a workaround. Use a "directed" exchange such as Island for market data. This will enable the charts without the ARCA sub.

Never needed ARCA subs in the past. Something new from the friendly folks @ NYSE I guess.

#13     Nov 17, 2008
  4. This idea will not get you NBBO quotes. You will only be seeing the quotes displayed by the directed exchange you seek, not a chart of the SMART quotes incorporating all displayed markets.

#14     Nov 19, 2008
  5. you want a chart you got a chart. Otherwise pay up the big $10 a mth playa.

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. I still do not get it. 2 weeks ago everything was working just fine.

Now I sometimes get (ref. to xle)

a) no chart at all
    b) tick chart with NO backfill. just the current ticks

but I have quotes in on the trading page.

What is again the solution?

#16     Nov 21, 2008
  7. another example where it states clearly:

No market permission for ARCA stk

BUT TICK CHART available

#17     Nov 21, 2008
  8. IB charts are unreliable, and they suck anyway. Use QuoteTracker with IB data.

#18     Nov 21, 2008
  9. Arjun1

Arjun1

This is a great point.

IB should not offer or advertise features that don't work.

Charts haven't been working properly for years now.

If not for Quotetracker or NinjaTrader, I would not even trade with IB.

If all IB wants to focus on is clearing and execution - then that is fine; in that case they should tell customers to get data/charting from a 3rd party instead of offering data/charting features that don't work.

#19     Nov 22, 2008