Some help on automation pls

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by SC77, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bitrend

bitrend

RedManPlus is right. C++ is complicated with the manual memory allocation/deallocation while Java has a garbage collection, a form of automatic memory management. Among the professionals some still struggle with this concept. That's the reason why Java still having success. Despite this obstacle, C++ is far superior than Java especially for real-time system. I think IB's API supports only Java under UNIX/Linux system.

#11     Mar 31, 2006
  2. squeeze

squeeze

C# is progressively replacing C++ in a wide range of real-time trading applications. It has all the flexibility and speed of C++ but is quicker and easier to code with. I think it will eventually become the defacto standard for financial and enterprise apps.

#12     Mar 31, 2006
  3. SC77

SC77

One more thing guys.
    Suppose i want to outsource the automation of my model to somebody familiar with this staff. Is there no chance to be able to do this without revealing my system?? The most logical answer would be no, but who knows in todays world of tech??
    Thanks for your answers. ET site worths more than a uni library of books on trading etc.

#13     Apr 1, 2006
  4. squeeze

squeeze

Unless you can code it yourself you will almost certainly have to disclose the rules to another party.

If it is complicated then you can split the system into several well defined parts and get a different programmer to code each part into a dll. Each dll is then a black box and you can get another programmer to combine all the dlls into a trading application.

However, you will probably find it a lot easier to learn to program your own rules into a platform like Tradestation.

#14     Apr 1, 2006