Some Hedge Funds really taking it

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bogan7, Jul 14, 2008.

1. You should visit one, the quality is terrible. particle wood exterior with stucco supported by the cheapest pine lumber (forget CBS). Inside romex,low cost pvc plumbing and the cheapest thinnest Gypsum wall and forget soundproofing materials, cheap builders grade HVAC.

When you walk inside these huge faux mansions with no yard you can hear every step, every creak,every voice in the entire home. KB Homes etc.. junk.

Without the HVAC running and maintenance those abandoned/foreclosed mcmansions will be real nasty, might as well as demolish them.

#21     Jul 14, 2008
  2. So a few leveraged hedge funds take a beating who cares. Darwin effect at work.

#22     Jul 14, 2008
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

The quality of these homes is exactly as you say I moved into one in the late 90's.......one day I bumped into a wall and actually through the wall making a hole the size of my body. ridiculous

#23     Jul 15, 2008
  4. Don't you know that home ownership is a birthright?

Communists.

#24     Jul 15, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

you will care if there is a national bank holiday in the US or if US markets are closed for a few months.

#25     Jul 15, 2008
  6. Bo_D_

Bo_D_

so 30% and 25% drawdown respectively.

yes thats a HUGE $ amount.

but not overly suprising as a D.D.%. the markets been tanking and agressive hedge funds are down 25-30%, who's to say they wont make that back when (or should i say if) the market rebounds.

its all relative

#26     Jul 15, 2008
  7. Bo_D_

Bo_D_

20% D.D. ****

been a long day at work

#27     Jul 15, 2008
  8. Mate having a 20-30% DD in a month is a big deal on so many levels and you simply dont have the ability to make that straight back (loss of leverage is just one reason) but cant be bothered explaining why.

#28     Jul 15, 2008
  9. Bo_D_

Bo_D_

in a day and age where in some cases you only have to put up 1-5% collateral?

im not going to make any assumptions as i dont know what strategies they use, but im going to guess they'll make a decent amount when the market finally moves favourably for them.

or who knows, maybe they will go arse up. they've probaly got bad risk managment.

but thats not my point. mine is that 20-30% D.D. for an agressive strategy isnt completely suprising.

#29     Jul 15, 2008

10. so, wonder how much they had to pay for those women (wives, gold diggers, party girls, etc.)?

#30     Jul 15, 2008