Some Hedge Funds really taking it

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bogan7, Jul 14, 2008.

1. spidey

spidey

Bogan, my point is if they were long only, they should have been in cash. They run $3 billion, and don't know we are in a downtrend?

Freddie & Fannie were shorts, and funds saying buy need to pay for better research, or learn how to flip burgers.

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. Dude my point isnt what one hedge fund trader did or didnt do i dont really care (I am sure all your trades have been winners) it more about the potential structural flaw within the industry that appears to be building up and the potential effect on asset allocation if they did unravel to any degree

#12     Jul 14, 2008
  3. the bottom is near

#13     Jul 14, 2008
  4. they were telling readers of fortune to buy - which is what fortune is for. fund advertisements and salesmen talking their books to retirees. it's cnbc on paper.

#14     Jul 14, 2008
  5. Structural flaw?

The only flaw is that we let these hoodlums run wild , with no oversight.

Send them back to scalping tickets and selling hot dogs where they came from.

There's no excuse to be losing money at this stage, unless you are just taking stabs.

#15     Jul 14, 2008
  6. My sense of the financials is that as bad as they are , they are being raided so that a few can make fast easy coin.

#16     Jul 14, 2008
  7. That is why I manage my money and my investments. I am too paranoid to trust some suit to look out for my best interests. The house rake always takes, even in a bust those suits always take the rake fee. The players, well they go home with nothing but a handshake and a kick in the balls.

Hogs get slaughtered. The writing was on the wall, when illegal immigrants,the dead,mentally retarded,anyone willing to mark the X on a mortgage form to buy an overpriced (500K or more) cardboard McMansion built with illegal immigrants in BFE, I knew the writing was on the wall. And I aint no fancy MBA with a fancy degree.

#17     Jul 14, 2008
  8. Citadel is +18% YTD.

#18     Jul 14, 2008
  9. Moral seems low over there. I think everyone was pretty pumped for an ipo. My guess is there will never be an ipo now.

#19     Jul 14, 2008
  10. You got that right! f*ck!n cardboard houses worth a 1/2 a million....:confused: :confused: :confused:

#20     Jul 14, 2008