Some guns are banned now, others need to be.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Oh wow, good thing that there were guns around huh? Derp gun nut logic.

#61     Oct 11, 2015
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#62     Oct 11, 2015

3. Oh gee, good thing no one was robbed and a petty thief is now dead instead of clogging up the criminal justice system.

What the hell is wrong with conservatives? Difficult births?

#63     Oct 11, 2015
  4. wartrace

wartrace

So an armed robber is a "petty thief" in your world? The armed robber is now dead instead of committing more armed robberies and potentially shooting to death one of his future victims.

#64     Oct 11, 2015
  5. fhl

fhl

Looks like he got one like.

[​IMG]

#65     Oct 11, 2015
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So production of handguns will move offshore. Ok, well done in your goal to outsource jobs.

#66     Oct 12, 2015
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Of all the things FC has said, "petty thief" for armed robber is one of the most asinine. He's desperate.

#67     Oct 12, 2015
  8. I stand corrected. Robber is the correct term. "Petty thief" was a reach.

The essence of my statement stands. Gun nuts seem to think that robbery should be met with deadly force and can be carried out by citizens and that it justifies carrying guns around. Wrong. Taking someone's money does not justify murder as many gun nuts seem to think.

#68     Oct 12, 2015
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

And in this case the armed robber, Joshua Jermaine Davis, has a lengthy criminal history with an affinity for armed robbery and home invasions.

If possible, armed robbery should always be met with deadly force by citizens. It is the best way to clear the streets of violent criminals.

#69     Oct 12, 2015
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't understand how a human being can mentally devolve like you have. I really don't.

A bad guy who presents a gun with the intent on robbing someone doesn't clearly define that he will not shoot someone regardless of whether they give money or not. There have been many, many cases where a bad guy with a gun has shot someone no matter what. So your ignorant, ridiculous argument that we shouldn't defend ourselves from a bad guy with a gun because he'll just go away if we give him our money is just that - jackassery.

When criminals realize that engaging in violence will most likely result in violence engaged right back upon them, they are more apt to avoid engaging in the first place. Risk is the only language a criminal speaks.

Whenever I hear someone make absurd comments like you do, FC, I know they've never been held up at gun point.

#70     Oct 12, 2015