Some "Bright" strategies...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Thank you for that information, Don... I fear the orderbook may result in more "games", akin to the nasdaq market, making NYSE less amenable to 'tape reading'.

#121     Nov 30, 2001
  2. sfast1

sfast1

Please quit telling everyone how we trade. It only diminishes our returns.

#122     Nov 30, 2001
  3. ddefina

ddefina

It's too late! We know all now. Pears trading, scalloping, we're all going to be rich.:D :D :D :D :D

#123     Nov 30, 2001
  4. Fletch

Fletch

Please quit telling everyone how we trade. It only diminishes our returns.

sfast-

You are mistaken... Don is interested in HIS returns, not those of his traders.

fletch

#124     Nov 30, 2001
  5. Fletch

Fletch

"Please quit telling everyone how we trade. It only diminishes our returns."

sfast-

You are mistaken... Don is interested in HIS returns, not those of his traders. More traders means more shares traded, even at the expense of the profits of existing traders. Ofc, he wants the traders to be at least a little bit profitable so they will stick around. $-) volume... Volume... VOLUME! That's the name of the game!

fletch

#125     Nov 30, 2001
  6. Fletch,

With all due respect, give Don a break... we have been through the Don slamming initiation several weeks ago. Yes, Don is a business man and he makes money out of business (that after all, is the purpose of business).

But Don ALSO posts somewhat informative posts here, which are of value to at least some of us... and, before you ask, no, I do not trade with Bright Trading and no, I do not only trade NYSE.

Let's be civil here. I personally have been helped by Don on several issues... and no, he didn't charge me a penny for his advice.

Regards,
    Candle

#126     Nov 30, 2001
  7. Don is a good guy with good intentions and of course a profit motive (this is a capitalist country). I question the impartiality of these boards if they are sponsored by Bright Trading. Doesn't Elite Trader think there is a conflict between open free discusssion and one of the firms most often discussed being a sponsor. Doesn't seem like a true seperation to me. Any thoughts? Am I wrong?

#127     Nov 30, 2001
  8. I think it's well known I am with a competing firm. It is fine with me if Bright is sponsoring the forum. Baron needs to be paid for his time on this website. It is the sponsors that keep it running.

The forum seems to be very open. I would have a problem if they started erasing all of the threads that had nothing to do with Bright here. So far that hasn't been the case.

Robert Tharp

#128     Nov 30, 2001
  9. Fletch

Fletch

The purpose of my post was not to "slam" Don, but to make a point that if you trade at Bright, and if you should be lucky enough to make money, the technique will be spread around if it means more shares traded for the firm, even at the expense of profits of other traders.

I know of a number of traders that left Bright for Echo Trading specifically because of what they have seen happen at Bright. I don't know if Echo is really keeping things quiet or not.. especially now that they are doing their own "training classes". And before you ask... no I do not trade with Echo trading.

I know Bright is in business to make a profit and I'm sure there is a fine line to be walked between protecting your trader's strategies and exploiting them.

fletch

#129     Nov 30, 2001
  10. I am glad to see that you have seen clear into my soul, understand my motives, and have the ability to determine that others "are mistaken." Let me know when you're holding your next "seance"...:)

(quote)"You are mistaken... Don is interested in HIS returns, not those of his traders. More traders means more shares traded, even at the expense of the profits of existing traders. Ofc, he wants the traders to be at least a little bit profitable so
    they will stick around. $-) volume... Volume... VOLUME! That's the name of the game! " (unquote)

Well...

Traders trade to make money...they need to have a successful firm to trade with...the firm needs to make a profit to keep costs low for the traders...so the traders can make more money...so they can stay in business...so they can trade more shares...which makes them and the firm more money....I have to agree with you 100%, my "motive" is to help traders make money, so that we can continue to grow at 40% per year, continue to reduce prices to traders so they can make more money...and the circle continues. And the only people who aren't happy about this seem to be those who, for whatever reason, are not part of the circle.

I do believe that this is the America that we all love, so please feel free to express your opinions on anything whatsoever....but please...don't try to tell others what they should think, or what someone else's motives may be. Be as successful as you can and try to be happy! (No hard feelings from my side, and I wish you the best).:)

#130     Nov 30, 2001