Some books I am considering.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by V-Viper, Feb 24, 2004.

1. V-Viper

V-Viper

Well I am pretty new to trading and I have been looking into some books to get myself illiterate on the subject.

Any suggesting or recommendations would be great, as well as anyones you feel I should not get because another one of the books on the list would cover it just as well, or suggest a better one. Thanks alot.

1. The Master Swing Trader: Tools and Techniques to Profit from Outstanding Short-Term Trading Opportunities - Alan S. Farley; Hardcover

2. Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications - John J. Murphy; Hardcover

3. The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy - Thomas J. Stanley, William D. Danko; Paperback

4. High Probability trading - Marcel Link; Hardcover

5. How To Make Money In Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times or Bad, 3rd Edition - William J. O'Neil; Paperback

6. The Nasdaq Trader's Toolkit - M. Rogan LaBier (Author); Hardcover

7. Techniques of Tape Reading - Vadym Graifer, Christopher Schumacher; Hardcover

8. How to Pick Stocks Like Warren Buffett: Profiting from the Bargain Hunting Strategies of the World's Greatest Value Investor - Timothy P. Vick; Hardcover

9. The Warren Buffett Way, _ : Investment Strategies of the World's Greatest Investor - Robert G. Hagstrom (Author); Mass Market Paperback

10. Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom - Van K. Tharp, K. Tharp; Hardcover

11. Financial Freedom Through Electronic Day Trading - Van K. Tharp, et al; Hardcover

12. How to Take Money from Wall Street: Learn to Profit in Bull and Bear Markets - Tony Oz; Hardcover

13. The Weekend Millionaire's Secrets to Investing in Real Estate: How to Become Wealthy in Your Spare Time - Mike Summey, Roger Dawson; Paperback

14. Investing in Real Estate, Fourth Edition - Andrew McLean (Author), Gary W. Eldred (Author); Paperback

15. Japanese Candlestick Charting - Second Edition - Steve Nison; Hardcover

16. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

17. The New Market Wizards

18. Technical Analysis Explained : The Successful Investor's Guide to Spotting Investment Trends and Turning Points

2. fan27

fan27

I read and like the following:

10. Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom - Van K. Tharp, K. Tharp; Hardcover

11. Financial Freedom Through Electronic Day Trading - Van K. Tharp, et al; Hardcover

15. Japanese Candlestick Charting - Second Edition - Steve Nison; Hardcover

16. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

17. The New Market Wizards

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

that is one impressive list of books, if you go over them thoroughly, pick out a single best idea and master it then you are well on your way.

4. *****
    Underlined my practical favorites;
    make it an even #20 & 21 with Jack Schwagers other two top traders books.:cool:
    ===========================================

===========================================

5. wdscott

wdscott

6. V-Viper,

Your list is excellent. This will keep you going for a while. Will you be able to trade after your readings? Don't forget, nobody is such a fool as to sell you for a couple of $$ any recipie to make you earn millions. That you'll have to discover for yourself.

Good reading,

nononsense

7. gms

gms

I wouldn't bother with "Millionaire Next Door". It's misleading, and could make you "illiterate". Be careful what you wish for. The Warren Buffett books also have to be taken with caution if you plan on investing very very very long term like he did, though concepts such as 'discount to present value' are good to learn.

Also good is "Trading on Volume" by Don Cassidy
    "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets" by Stan Weinstein
    "A Beginner's Guide to Day Trading Online" by Toni Turner
    "The Ultimate Trading Guide" by Pruitt and Hill
    "How I Made $2 Million in the Stock Market" by Nicholas Darvas

each of the above books have a lesson or two to teach.

8. The ones above plus the original "Market Wizards", and (surprised that) no one mentioned "Trading in the Zone" (Douglas) and The Disciplined Trader" (Douglas).....

should read them early on IMHO...

regards,

ICe
    :cool:

9. nkhoi

nkhoi

may be because Douglas books are abstract to beginner.

10. LouieR

LouieR

"Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" was a good read. Also try "Pit Bull" by Marty Schwartz. Its an autobiography of Marty's life as a trader, particularly in the S & P futures. The book gives you some good insights into what it takes to be a good trader and what those that rule the markets can do to you.

#10     Feb 25, 2004