Some 37 yo chick gets CEO job at Yahoo

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ChkitOut, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ouch, liberals have no right to voice their opinion only big boys with big balls? With every post you make yourself look more stupid!!!

#51     Jul 17, 2012
  2. I'm sure that everyone on here has been following this woman's career well before 4:00 yesterday and has studied credible research as to what makes a good/bad CEO of a company.

#52     Jul 17, 2012
  3. Yahoo is becoming a joke anyway, i forget how many times my yahoo accounts have been hacked

#53     Jul 17, 2012
  4. lol

You're clearly mad about something, I don't know what. A lack of women means that men are better more often than women, and that women are less interested. Why are you so upset about that? If I tried to bring my lard ass on the runway showing off Gucci's new line, I'd be boo'ed off stage. Can you think of a male model? I cannot, but I can name several female ones though.

Merkel: who would do a better job? I think she's great but who cares about Germany. Tim Cook has a bigger job than Germany. ;-)

The superb women leader I can think of is thatcher. The men on that same level: Reagan, Jintao, Gates, Immelt, Clinton (not the female), and that's just that generation.

My comments on liberals was just a provocation for brass. I also am not talking about Mayer here, just answering your prejudice that women are equal to men leaders.

Anyways I think you are a woman. Is this true? cheers

#54     Jul 17, 2012
  5. 1) "Lack of women means that men are better more often than women, and that women are less interested."

Are you lacking intellect? This is the very issue we are discussing. You repeat this same dumb statement without any backup or proof making is sound like its an undeniable fact which it is clearly not.

2) "If I tried to bring my lard ass on the runway showing off Gucci's new line, I'd be laughed off stage. Can you think of a male model? I cannot, but I can name several female ones though. "

Your comparison also points to you not really comprehending the issue here: We are not talking about gender inequality because of lack of certain skill sets to get a specific job done. There is a clear majority of men among construction worker because most women wanting to work in this job do not possess the physique to get the job done. That is a fair comparison with your model example but it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with a lack of gender equality in fields where women are equally skilled and qualified as male peers but they are kept outside for other reasons which is PRECISELY the issue under discussion.

3) I appreciate you are an American, but I guess I appreciate less your obvious ignorance to look beyond your local realm. Let Tim Cook proof himself while Merkel has been voted one of the most powerful politicians in the world for several years in a row and certainly as THE most powerful woman in the world several years in a row. You may be America centric, which is ok, but comparing a CEO of a company with someone who is steering an economically top performing country through this current mess lacks any reason.

4) Provocation, yes, that seems what you are all about.

5) You lack reading comprehension skills definitely disqualifying you from jobs where close attention is asked for. I stated I am not a woman. Back to your day trading job, big boy with big balls.

#55     Jul 17, 2012
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I actually had because she's been highlighted as a phenom (and she's only a few years older than I).

Pretty amazing what she's done.

I think she's exactly what Yahoo needs. She ran a very succcessful division of Google and she can bring some of that experience and culture to a firm that desparately needs it. She knows what worked and didn't work at Google. I'm surprized Google is letting her go so easily.

#56     Jul 17, 2012
  7. Ash1972

Ash1972

The whole problem with leadership is that how well or badly you do is almost entirely dependent on luck. A mediocre leader will be thought of as great if he finds him/herself in fortunate circumstances. A truly wise leader will come across as lacking if he finds himself in tough times.

Isn't it interesting that ALL of the political leaders that you just described as great inherited big economic upturns soon after gaining office? :)

#57     Jul 17, 2012
  8. jem

jem

good luck to her. we need better search competition to keep google on its toes.

prior to penguin and panda google had all sorts of seo keyword optimized crap showing up.

Those two updates helped... but more needs to be done.

#58     Jul 17, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The same can be said of trading.

I would posit that successful management has less to do with luck than successful trading.

There are CEO's who consistently grow, build, or turnaround companies.

EDIT: In the middle market space, management is judged by how they navigated 2008.

#59     Jul 17, 2012
  10. i think bing powers yahoo search so they aren't even in the search algo business anymore. i think they just split ad revenue with microsoft.

#60     Jul 17, 2012