Some 37 yo chick gets CEO job at Yahoo

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ChkitOut, Jul 16, 2012.

1. dsss27

dsss27

2. Why in denial? Some posts are stupid, but not mine. ;)

#33     Jul 16, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Going with a younger executive from a different corporate culture is definitely a step in the right direction. Give her a chance...
    Microsoft event already happened, you can't change that.

#34     Jul 17, 2012
  4. That's right ... show some respect for moms.... Mayer is pregnant and due in October.

And don't even accuse her of getting promoted based on her looks...

Mayer dated Google chief executive Larry Page in the search engine's early days, and she still got booted from Page's inner circle last year.

Sooooo ... don't be judgmental... we've all been dumped before... :D

#35     Jul 17, 2012
  5. Google killed Yahoo. Get over it. Period.

#36     Jul 17, 2012
  6. It looks like a lot of people here are jelly.

#37     Jul 17, 2012
  7. d08

d08

Short selling is very much legal and shares are available to short, one can buy puts as well. If people are so convinced she will ruin the company, act on that information.
    Women can be better at things like UI design, she seems to understand technology as well on some level so I don't see why the huge criticism.
    When it comes to pedigree, that word tends to be thrown around by people who come from good backgrounds but have no talent whatsoever - it's a form of propping up ones ego.

#38     Jul 17, 2012
  8. benwm

benwm

I think she'll do well. Good luck to her.

#39     Jul 17, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Some of them are peanut butter too.

Why can't a lady do this job well? She's clearly smart and has the necessary experience. There have been lots of successful women leaders.

#40     Jul 17, 2012