Somali Pirates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by itcanbedone, Nov 18, 2008.

1. clacy

clacy

Do we really need to see proof to determine that African governments are corrupt?:p

#11     Nov 18, 2008
  2. They have obviously gotten more organized since this began. And with 30 mil of funding now that is no surprise.

#12     Nov 18, 2008
  3. I got your message; you are implying Obama is going to be a corrupt government.

#13     Nov 18, 2008
  4. LOLOL that made me laugh out loud literally.

#14     Nov 18, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

AFAIK the way it works is that they have inside men on the crews.

What I don't get is why when everyone knows where the ships are being held the seals or equivalents are not sent in to mount a hostage rescue op and secure the ships release. Or why the ship owners themselves don't hire mercenaries to storm the ship rather than pay the ransom? Are these ships being wired to be scuttled at the 1st sign of an attack?

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-fg-pirates31-2008oct31,0,564698.story

Not Somalis but gives an insight in to how they operate:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/10/malacca-strait-pirates/pirates-text/1

#15     Nov 18, 2008
  6. Cesko

Cesko

What I don't understand is one machine gun one rocket launcher one trained individual would be enough to do a job. There is nowhere to hide at an open sea. I can't see how they would even be able to get close to the ship.
    Like with everything, international homo "community" can only whine and bitch. It's gonna be up to the U.S. to eventually waste these fuckers. Actually maybe not. A joke president-elect will probably want to talk them out of "doing baaad".

#16     Nov 18, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Maybe a country like Russia, China, Israel or Iran will be the victim one too many times, throw "international/diplomatic support" issues out the window and annihilate everyone that looks like a pirate in the immediate area.

#17     Nov 18, 2008
  8. Do you mean with the same ruthless efficiency that they hunted down OBL.

regards
    f9

#18     Nov 18, 2008
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'm sure the Saudis could hire a pretty vicious crew of Al Quaeda and Taliban types. :D

#19     Nov 18, 2008
  10. Well we might as well get some oil while we are there right......?

Maybe setup a government that agrees with ours??? Put a few people we like in power maybe??

#20     Nov 18, 2008