Somali Pirates

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by itcanbedone, Nov 18, 2008.

1. i'm very surprised to see how these pirates are getting more and more brazen in their actions.

someone fedex them a history book. the marines were formed to fight pirates in Libya in the early 1800s i think.

we should see some major escalation by America in that region soon?

from wiki
    In the First Barbary War (1801-1805) when William Eaton and First Lieutenant Presley O'Bannon led a group of eight Marines and 300 Arab and European mercenaries in an attempt to capture Tripoli. Though they only made it as far as Derna, Tripoli has been immortalized in the Marines Hymn and the Mameluke sword carried by Marine officers

2. I doubt they care much for history!
    A few well placed rounds of HE would sink their little boat tho.:D

3. These guys obviously have excellent intel otherwise they never would have been able to find the vessel 750 NM out to sea. Someone is feeding them shipping info.

4. I dont know but what they are doing seems like the easiest money I've ever heard of. 30 mil since January. Thats serious dough.

5. clacy

clacy

The fact that the international community allows these morons to exist, is an example of the feminization of the world, especially Europe.

6. and all tax free to boot.

I wonder if they will ask for a handout, after all they easily meet the dishonesty criteria.

regards
    f9

7. They even hijacked some boats bringing food and supplies to their countries.....LOL

8. at least they are "fair and balanced"
    maybe they work for Fox News

regards
    f9

9. lol too funny [​IMG]

not that there's anything wrong with that.

10. 9999

My thoughts exactly.
    And where do they get the weapons?
    Proof positive of gov. corruption.

#10     Nov 18, 2008