Somali Pirates Hijack American Ship

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Apr 8, 2009.

1. All the answers are obvious when you don't have all the facts.

#41     Apr 10, 2009
  2. ...and those klowns who think they have all the facts obviously don't have the answers...

#42     Apr 10, 2009
  3. A better question would be:
    How drunk does a troll have to be, to assume that $50 million vessels aren't <i>already</i> lojacked in 2009, and that determining the location of hijacked ships was ever remotely part of this problem to begin with? :p

#43     Apr 10, 2009
  4. I don't assume anything but the needle and spoon you suckle on...

LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!

:p :p :p

#44     Apr 10, 2009
  5. I think that's axiomatic...but I could be wrong.

:D

#45     Apr 10, 2009
  6. FRENCH commandos stormed the yacht shot up everybody and rescued their nationals...HAHA.

ALLAHU AKHBAR:D

#46     Apr 10, 2009

7. LOL, no kidding.

#47     Apr 10, 2009
  8. Eight

Eight

Japan still has Ninjas... their planes don't get hijacked either. A friend was having a drink in an airport in Japan once, he noticed that a plane started to taxi, then it stopped and nothing happened for long minutes... then some guys in black outfits approached the plane from the rear [it's blind spot], opened up a hatch and went into the plane and after a couple minutes they threw some bodies out on to the tarmac and the plane took off...

The UN won't let those sailors be armed in their wisdom... Obama rescinded the rule that airplane pilots can have a pistol... fricking liberals will do anything and everything except what is practical and what works.. I really am more convinced now than ever that liberalism is a mental disorder...

#48     Apr 10, 2009
  9. A few natives in a god damn canoe are in a stand off with the U.S. Navy and we're the ones that are expected to lose. I've never seen anything so pathetic in my life. Just blast the cocksuckers out of the water for Christs sake. The Captain pays the price for losing his boat.
    In the future heavily armed security forces kill anything and everything that approaches the vessel they're guarding. This ain't rocket science.

#49     Apr 11, 2009
  10. One of the best solutions is to have assault rifles including .50 caliber sniper rifles on any ship of significant size that must travel that area. The pirates in this case had AK-47s but the crew only had waterhoses. Had the crew had 2 Barrett .50 cal rifles (which are semi-automatic and sold at local gun shows for $6000 a piece) they could have destroyed those pirates from far out of range of the AK-47s. If the crew had 10 Car-15 rifles with good Aimpoint or Eotech sights, it would have been impossible for the pirates to even board the ships...since the crew would have been firing from the high ground and the pirates had no cover on the open ocean.

Too many people around the world have adopted the mentality that armed self-defense is somehow bad. That a good person depends on others to protect him...police, or the navies in this case. The fact of the matter is that the police simply cannot be everywhere and navies cannot adequately protect everyship that goes thru the area. In addition it is much more cost effective for ships to provide 10 to 20 assault rifles, a couple of .50 caliber Barret rifles and 2 or 3 weeks of weapons training for their crews, than to have a massive 24 hour 7 day a week naval presence indefinately.

Supposedly Blackwater is getting protection contracts for some of these ships and that is a good development. In addition there was one story on reuters the other day saying that some shipping companies were begining to give weapons training to their crews.

#50     Apr 11, 2009