Somali Pirates Hijack American Ship

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Perhaps AAA would have favored a shoot-from-the-hip-and-ask-questions-later approach. Thinking and the weighing of options shows weakness and emboldens the enemy, don't you know.

#111     Apr 23, 2009
  2. Actually, I think that "AAA" is Dick Cheney in real life.

Think about that one for a moment.
    :D

#112     Apr 24, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I take back everything negative I may have said about Russians.

Ananova:
    Luxury yachts offer pirate hunting cruises

Luxury ocean liners in Russia are offering pirate hunting cruises aboard armed private yachts off the Somali coast.

Wealthy punters pay £3,500 per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

The yachts travel from Djibouti in Somalia to Mombasa in Kenya.

The ships deliberately cruise close to the coast at a speed of just five nautical miles in an attempt to attract the interest of pirates.

"They are worse than the pirates," said Russian yachtsman Vladimir Mironov. "At least the pirates have the decency to take hostages, these people are just paying to commit murder," he continued.http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3374702.html?menu=

#113     Jun 25, 2009
  4. Russians are brutal. Footage from Georgia was very ugly.

#114     Jun 25, 2009
  5. One wonders why it is murder to pick off people trying to hijack a ship, whether staged or not...

It actually sounds like a great idea to get rid of hijackers or make them think twice. Why didn't we think of that? It should be FREE !!!!!

#115     Jun 25, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

It is a good idea of course.

Once the PC bleeding hearts start complaining, it won't last long though.

#116     Jun 25, 2009