Somali pirates hijack 3 more ships

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JDL, Apr 14, 2009.

1. You have no idea what you are talking about.

60% of Iranians are under the age of 30, and they have had enough with strict Islamic rule. There are signs everywhere that the religious authorities are losing control.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/25/eveningnews/main669223.shtml

You have no clue as to who the "average" Iranian is. You are a Fool.

#21     Apr 14, 2009
  2. Well said, I don't get where people get the idea that the world is based on fairness, as if it ever was. And they talk as if going to war is like going to a party or something, everyones gotta leave all happy and shit. If wars have a rule, it's that there are no rules, anyone who puts rules on wars, will lose in war.

#22     Apr 14, 2009
  3. Hell I know about that and many other countries far more than you do, 4 years ago I lived in that country for 2 years, I am fluent in all the languages spoken in that country, Farsi, Arabic, Azeri and Kurdish. And had to travel everywhere in that shit hole.

That's what America has been saying for the last fucking 20 years. That is just total BS, those motherfuckers now have more control than they did in the past.

They hate America far more than they hate their leaders, most believe US and UK engineered the islamic revolution in iran and fucked their lives, some say it's a revolution gone bad for US/K, while others believe their government is still secretly working with the US in a plan to keep the people of iran in poverty, and weak, while together they split the oil money. Let's say America does help them bring down their current government, you think they're not going to backstab America?

The only way to win a war against that country is to create as much chaos possible and then to split the country into many smaller ones

Or to ...

#23     Apr 14, 2009
  4. How very existential of you. Oh, and how convenient that you are not there. I wonder of there's a connection.

#24     Apr 14, 2009
  5. They just attacked another US ship. Looks like the attempt to board failed though.

#25     Apr 14, 2009
  6. Cutten

Cutten

This is a few pirates attacking a few ships - talk of carpet-bombing is ridiculous. It's possible to get much more stern with punishments, reprisals, and deterrents to make the piracy unprofitable, without having to resort to barbarism.

The ship-owners and governments involved just need to raise the cost of piracy and reduce the reward, that will eradicate it. That means make paying ransoms a criminal offence with a heavy sentence, arm all ships & crews and give shoot-to-kill orders, and in negotiations only give two options - surrender and release hostages, or die. No one will risk their life in piracy if they know they will get zero ransom and near-certain death as a result.

As an added bonus it would be highly amusing to see the pirates eat their words after trying to brag about getting revenge. Yeah right, a bunch of teenagers vs the world's most powerful military, I wonder who will win that conflict.

#26     Apr 14, 2009