Solyndra Wants To Pay Out Bonuses

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 12, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

This is unbelievable. Obama probably approves. Maybe they should take some worthless stock options instead.

Nearly two dozen Solyndra employees could receive bonuses ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 each under a proposal filed by Solyndra’s attorneys in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware.

The attorneys say the extra money will add motivation at a time when workers at the solar company have little job security and more responsibilities because so many of their colleagues have been fired.

The proposed bonus recipients include nine equipment engineers, six general business and finance employees and up to two information technology workers.

The biggest bonus, for $50,000, would go to a Solyndra employee whose job title is listed as a senior director with a base salary of $206,499 per year. Two senior managers stand to receive bonuses of $30,000 and $32,500.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jan/11/bankrupt-solyndra-seeking-to-pay-bonuses/

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I have a better idea, the employees responsible for pissing away half a billion tax dollars should be lined up against a wall and shot. I would be willing to consider using gold jacketed bullets rather than copper if they really think they deserve a bonus.

3. +1

Reminds me of Catch-22: fu bad enough and they give you a medal/bonus.

We really should not be subsidizing this stuff as if it can't make it on its own, why bother?

Seneca

4. Romney needs to throw this pie in Obama's face when he starts reading Newt's Bain talking points off of his teleprompter.