Soloflex & Home Gyms in General

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Jun 3, 2003.

1. you shouldn't have to search... YOU SHOULD KNOW IT becasue you need to know to record your workout. anyone worth their salt in the gym knows what they weigh! that is if your not one great big pussy! HA! :-/

ps you prob get beat up a lot :-/

#31     Jun 3, 2003
  2. not necessarily! because when i track my weight, i ignore the bar. i don't need to know how much the bar weighs to progress correctly.

#32     Jun 3, 2003
  3. rofl...

#33     Jun 3, 2003

4. that'sright :-/

#34     Jun 3, 2003
  5. for example....

say i can do something that is 50lb + bar. if i reach my target reps, then i'll just start doing 55lb + bar. you don't NEED to account for the bar.

#35     Jun 3, 2003
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I have a soloflex, it was cheap. I tried all the exercises you can do on it but I wound up getting free weights, one in each hand is a more natural workout than using a bar. I stand in low karate stances while I'm working my shoulders and arms. I use the soloflex only for a couple of exercises I can't do with the free weights. It is hard to get on the bench and under the bar when it is set up for bench pressing. They go for $100 used. I'm sure the bowflex is better and I'm sure that nothing at home beats a well equipped gym. Consumer reports did a comparison of all the home gym products a couple of years ago, might be worth it to check that out, one that I never heard of was the best by far, can't recall the name.

One thing to note, your connective tissues will build up much more slowly than your muscles so concentrate only on a slow buildup of strength, think in terms of years. If you build up muscles fast you will injure your joints. I focus on shoulder, back, neck and knee strength, not muscle, because the articulations are the weakest part of the body and they have to be built up first before you can build the muscles. The best joint supplements are available from purityproducts.com.

I've been taking it slowly for a couple of years and I got past bursitis, weakness, injuries, all of it goes away if you are careful.

Max

#36     Jun 3, 2003
  7. i put on 30 lbs of muscle after starting roids. ROIDS ARE FREAKING GREAT MAN! i feel TERRIFIC on ROIDS! I'LL NEVER STOP TAKING ROIDS!! I STACK EM HIGH!! i'll bet you dont even know what that means! do ya? bwhahahahaha. one side effect is i'm bald as a cue ball but hey...what the hell... girls dig SHAVED HEADS. AND THEY LOVE TO FEEL MY BULGING PECS TOO!! :-/

#37     Jun 3, 2003
  8. I AM ROCK SOLID!!!!!!!

:-/

#38     Jun 3, 2003
  9. LongShot!!!

This will prove i am no weight lifting newbie.

i used to weigh 136lb with about 8-10% body fat.

without steroids, i am now about 175lb and less than 5% body fat.

also, i am only in my early-mid 20s!

WHO'S THE MAN, NOW!!!!!!?

p.s. my goal was never to be a monster. my goal was to look the best. i could probably get bigger, but i'm happy with how i am now.

#39     Jun 3, 2003
  10. i am!

#40     Jun 3, 2003