Soloflex & Home Gyms in General

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Jun 3, 2003.

1. the other day i did this exercise...

[​IMG] <-- wimp

...WITH A BIG 45 LB PLATE ON EACH SIDE (90 LB) + OLYMPIC BAR..... I DID 4 REPS. MY FRIEND TRIED AND HE COULDN'T DO IT ONCE. HE CALLS ME POPEYE. :D

THE LADIES MUST DROOL OVER MY ARMS. IN FACT, I KNOW THEY DO. i was talkin' to this girl i know and i had a long sleeve shirt on. she was like, "where's your t-shirt so we can see your muscles?"

I WILL GIVE YOU BOYS A TIP.....

work ur damn forearms!! i know a lot of guys who just don't do them at all! think about it... even if u have a t-shirt on, your forearms are still totally visible. so u might as well make 'em look good! mine do!!!! :p

ROCK

#161     Jul 16, 2003

2. OK ..First of all, you sound like MR MARKET!!!! What's next , a hot or not picture??:D ....but your right...i never do forearms...or legs...I play a lot of Hoops so i never bother plus I've always had super strong legs without much work...I will give you this though....90lbs plus a 20 lb bar on free weights is pretty damn good....I freaking struggle sometimes with 50 on the machines:mad: ...I do a ton of bench an pulldowns ect...but I got to get to work on my curls...

#162     Jul 16, 2003
  3. NoCashJew

NoCashJew

Best to have a trending and non trending option IMHO

#163     Dec 2, 2009
  4. I have a few free weights at home and used to go to the gym when i wasin the football team.

After graduating, I kind of stopped working out as much and gym membership was a total waste of time.

Inspired by some videos I saw from one guy making his exercising journal, I bought a set of these: www.bodylastics.com, a balance ball and a pull up bar...

Those elastics man do they work you out. What I know is it gets me more worked out than any other method, free weights included.

I went from a free weight aficionado to resistance bands/body weight exercises only.

For anyone that wants to workout I think it makes a good alternative, they're not expensive, they are efficient and don't take much space at all :)

#164     Dec 2, 2009
  5. Agree with the earlier post on forearms. I am not a Muscle & Fitness mag looking guy, but enough so a barmaid smiled at me and asked if I worked out. I joked with her that I was wearing an inflatable muscle suit and should look bigger but the suit had a slow leak (no way am I Ahnold-size). She laughed and said she could tell I really do work out because of my forearms and shoulders (she actually tapped her trapezius). I was wearing a business white collared shirt and tie at the time, but had my sleeves rolled up after work having a beer.
    So yeah, they notice stuff like that.

#165     Dec 3, 2009
  6. You found a thread SIX years old to post something that doesn't even pertain to it?

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

#166     Dec 3, 2009