Solid Chart Data Service for Research?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Markoinc, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Markoinc

Markoinc

Hi everyone, first time poster :)

I am a beginner and studying techinical analysis. I wanted to start researching on real data and was wondering what you guys consider an effective data service for my beginner needs.

I was looking at stockcharts.com; I'd really like to draw trendlines, etc.. etc.. basic stuff but i'd like a good system to grow into.

Im not looking to actually trade; just use the data for research purposes.

Let me know what you guys would recommend.

Thanks a lot.

Markoinc

2. Aok

Aok

End of Day? Intraday? Options? Futures?

Expenses are impt but quality you should NOT scrimp on. For less than $100/month try sierrachart and dtn. Both solid and will tide you over for a LONG time.

If you're just looking for EOD data/charting/scanning try tc2000 gold. I think less than 30$/month. Amibroker is another.

You could always open up a brokerage account and get similar through broker data/charting like IB or Think or Swim. Some even have historical/fundamental data like Tradestation but now you're moving up the price scale.

Many other choices. Try checking out the software reviews on main page for ideas.

Good trading/researching to you. Dont rush it. Markets will be here when youre ready.

3. just21

just21

4. promagma

promagma