Sold the rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oraclewizard77, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. oraclewizard77

    oraclewizard77 Moderator

    Well, we will see if Cramer is finally right. I sold the rally today, got off margin and raised cash.

    If the DOW heads back down to around 8000, I will buy back what I sold plus go back on margin.

    Please note this does not mean I sold all my stocks, I have kept a bunch of dividend paying stocks, and a few long shots that are waiting on court verdicts and/or FDA approvals.
  2. oraclewizard77

    oraclewizard77 Moderator

    So far this was a good strategy since the market is down over 400 points, after I posted what I was doing.

    However, I should have also either bought puts or DOG.

    Anyway, now we will wait to see if the market falls to 8500 and/or some stocks that I have been watching retest their bottoms so I can go back long.

    Good thing about this call was that I got out BEFORE Cramer told his viewers to sell on a rally today, hold on flat, and buy on weakness.

    So they basically just stayed long or on cash while I got out before the fall.

    Way to make money is to do things either before Cramer makes the call or then fade his signals if they rally hard into the next day.
  3. Exactly ORCL, cramer has been pimping Duke Energy as a long term div play and now it's down about 10% from where he called it.
  4. too early most likey. this is not a good risk reward play imo.

    i shorted today but my target is the 50% fib of this last weeks rally. that is about 918 in the ES. after that i think we rally for a few months before the big fall
  5. 918 is also the 61.8 fib from the second week oct highs to last week oct lows. Interesting alignment there.
  6. oraclewizard77

    oraclewizard77 Moderator

    What do you think of LVS? Do you think it will survive? I was thinking of investing in it, but don't want to put money in if they are going under.