Sold Naked 20 Large SP500 1130 Call Index Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sold Naked December 20 Large SP500 1130 Call Index Options...okay...it was a paper trade...let's have some fun with this...there is sooooooooooo much talk on how easy it is to sell naked options...okay here it is:

these have 4 days until expiration:

sold December 20 call contracts at 1130 strike price

Price $2.20 per contract ($250.00 multiplier)

PREMIUM collected: $11,000.00

So...what is the "margin" I need to be able to collect this $11k in 4 days???...this is going to reveal why the smaller tader cannot trade naked options with small cash

2. TheMan

TheMan

i am not sure about everyone else, but i am EXTREMELY pumped about this new thread

i know you have started a FEW threads in your day, but this one is going to be GREAT!!!!!!!!!

lets get some EXTREME responses going so we can get to the bottom of this issue

!!!!!!!!!!!!GNABANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Come on, increase now, do you really need another alias? Who gives a shit about a paper trade? Anyway, you're lucky you even get a response from me.

4. yes, how rare. on pace for 2000 posts annual. real unusual to see you respond

5. TheMan

TheMan

seriously???????

if you cant see the sarcasm in that post you may be a tad bit retarded

6. spd

spd

B A N G

7. too busy posting in EVERY SINGLE THREAD to pay detailed attention. bwol = me-me-me-me-me-me..................... infinity

8. I would have made $11,000.00 in one week...BUT..here again, no telling how much margin would have been required to place this trade...hmmm...thoughts?

9. $225K

10. thanks very much...man, I wish I had that to make $11k in one week...hmmm

#10     Dec 18, 2009