Sold ERTS Apr 55 puts today @ $.90

Discussion in 'Options' started by Crevalle, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Why bother? Whats your motivation for posting trades? If you are trying to start an intelligent conversation about trade ideas then this really isn't the place.

You are much better off trading and keeping it to yourself. Too much nonsense on these boards.

#31     Mar 22, 2005
  2. Crevalle

Crevalle

I was under the impression this forum was devoted to options trading, and some of the posters seem intelligent. But, while I have received some decent feedback, I admit most posts provide no rationale aside from "Dumb Trade" or "You will lose." No fundamental analysis to back anything up.

#32     Mar 22, 2005
  3. HectorG

HectorG

Obviously, you wasted your time on the trading floor because you didn't learn jack.

What were you, a runner? The guy who ran for lunch?

#33     Mar 22, 2005
  4. Crevalle

Crevalle

I was a listed trader after spending a year on the Autex desk.

I find it amusing that you think you know me and my trading history based on selling ERTS puts. To infer so much, based on so little, proves your ignorance IMO.

But, like I said, you do amuse me.

Can I get some fries with that? Oh, nevermind, you're probably home from work by now.

#34     Mar 22, 2005
  5. HectorG

HectorG

Being bitter won't help you make your money back.

You should learn how to trade before shorting puts.

Then again, you spent time on the floor and still didn't learn jack, so obviously, you're not a very bright one.

You lost money today.

That's your own fault.

*shrugs shoulder*

#35     Mar 22, 2005
  6. Crevalle

Crevalle

* rolls eyes *

I've made around 30% for three straight years, and I'm probably ten years younger than you--I'm not bitter about anything. Life is great, and trading has treated me very well. I pity guys like you, but enjoy taunting you at the same time.

#36     Mar 22, 2005
  7. HectorG

HectorG

Instead of being bitter at me, you should sit down and analyze your approach and why you made that very dumb trade today. Your puts are exploding in your face because you don't know how to trade.

Being stubborn won't help you make your money back. Keep repeating your dumb mistakes, and pretty soon, you'll start a thread titled "going to be broke."

Don't say that you haven't been warned.

lol

#37     Mar 22, 2005
  8. What did you see to make you think this trade would not be profitable?

#38     Mar 22, 2005
  9. I am not kidding, but whatever your take on it is okay. I think whats not humorous, but expected, is your need to ask others for their thoughts and advice on trading. It doesn't appear to me that you have a system of trading that you trust, given the fact that you started a thread asking others for approval/hints/etc. If your system of taking gap downs as strength works, fantastic. My opinion is that its a delusion, and just tried to point out your obious contradiction in your speech. Seem like you have a problem with criticism, and you yourself opened up a thread asking for our "thoughts." Again, another contradiction.

You are right about one thing, I do need to study. I do it consistently and that keeps me at the top of my field.

Anyway, no hard feelings pal. I think your statement is self-contradictory, and thats my opinion. Wasn't trying at all to be funny, just trying to help you in the long run.

#39     Mar 22, 2005
  10. Crevalle

Crevalle

I have no problem with criticism--I have a problem with guys who criticize just because they obviously enjoy it. I wasn't asking for "approval," as you put it, for this trade. I was attempting to get different perspectives, as it is a smart thing to do IMO. I learn a lot by asking questions. Some responded with maturity, some didn't (you/Hector). ERTS is up $1.20 this morning, I suppose you knew that would happen, right?

All I ask is, if you disagree with a trade, spell out intelligently WHY. If you agree, same thing. I honestly couldn't care less what your personal feelings are. Anyone can say, "That trade was dumb," but not anyone can explain why they disagreed/agreed.

Do you understand analysis? Then employ it and produce useful information. For all I know, you have a GED from XYZ high school, and you work at Burger King. Because of that, your opinion means nothing to me at this juncture. You sound like most shorts I know...the extent of their arguments generally go something like this: "DEATH SPIRAL!" or "GOING TO ZERO--SELL NOW!" or "LONGS WILL GET KILLED!"

#40     Mar 23, 2005