Solar Stock Depression - what happened??

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Oct 23, 2008.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Are you Jim Cramer? :D :D :D

#41     Oct 26, 2008
  2. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

The real winner is figuring out what will be the next fuel source once the sun explodes and solar is useless. Real profit potential in that.

#42     Oct 26, 2008
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

It won't even matter. Read Kurzweil's "The Singularity is Near".

#43     Oct 26, 2008
  4. then you are better off just buying some binary option to hedge against the sun exploding. I will be happy to take the other side :)

#44     Oct 26, 2008

Wake me up when it happens

#45     Oct 26, 2008
  6. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Will you allow me to do a credit spread?

#46     Oct 26, 2008
  7. #47     Oct 29, 2008
  8. Mecro

Mecro

You need to find a new researcher, there is no "rebate" from Federal, it is a tax incentive. Your friend calculated it wrong and you are not eligible for the 30% as you are not claiming it as a business entity.

And the TEP rebate is not really a rebate, they are buying out your environmental rights. Obviously they are gaining from it, so technically, you are getting ripped off.

Your friend does not know what he is doing, I hope you guys did not pay him cause that information is plain wrong. Go to a few qualified installers and get a few quotes. Most of them should know their sh*t, well at least some of them should.

A 2kw system is jack sh*t, by the way, while the bi-annual maintenance costs can only go so low.

#48     Oct 29, 2008
  9. Mecro

Mecro

When you find even an barely significant link between oil and electric rates, then you can even start making a link between solar & oil.

The way electricity is priced, it is tied to natural gas, not oil. But natural gas going down, does not mean your electric rates will do the same in a proportional manner.

#49     Oct 29, 2008
  10. A point I made earlier, but I've changed my thinking. There's a significant connection between ALL energy stocks IMO.

#50     Oct 29, 2008