Solar Stock Depression - what happened??

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Oct 23, 2008.

1. major oil discovery?

#21     Oct 24, 2008

2. :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p

#22     Oct 24, 2008
  3. Mecro

Mecro

Im not angry, I stated a simple fact in regards to your statement.

#23     Oct 24, 2008
  4. Right now i'm trying to figure out how to short the "green movement". It seems to me that people will only go along with the movement when they have the money to spend on it or cost is not an issue. Right now they don't have the money and cost is a major issue. With oil dropping to $50.00 and unemployment on the rise, energy will be cheap if you have a job.

#24     Oct 24, 2008
  5. Very good post.
    Who said you couldn't find words of wisdom, here at ET?

Maybe we all should start our own IPO.
    :cool:

#25     Oct 24, 2008
  6. Long razor and soap manufacturers.
    Short woolly cardigan and sandle makers.

#26     Oct 24, 2008
  7. Mecro

Mecro

Good luck with that mentality when you look over your electric bill.

#27     Oct 24, 2008
  8. I can appreciate the psychological factor of energy/stocks, otherwise there is no connection between oil and electricity, is there? Somebody suggested that gasoline is a sub for solar and vv? That's just crazy talk IMO

edit:
    OK, I thought of one. as a lubricant for generators LOL

#28     Oct 24, 2008
  9. Specterx

Specterx

Anyone who was thinking about shelling out $20,000 or whatever to get a solar panel on their house that would take 30 years to pay for itself (assuming zero costs for ongoing maintenance , etc.) now has a lot of other things on their plate.

#29     Oct 24, 2008
  10. Hasn't it already been established that nobody shells out $20,000 to put solar on their house? YOu are basing your anti-solar argument on what amounts to less than .1% of applications.

Instead, why not look at the revenue growth JASO is experiencing quarter after quarter, year after year? Then come back and tell us NOBODY is buying solar. Who are they selling to then?

Two arguments smashed to bits. I still think it is only the psychological ignorance that keeps these stocks down. Nothing technical or factual. Correct me if I'm wrong, Im open.

#30     Oct 24, 2008