solar gettin crushed

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wake37, Jan 7, 2008.

1. wake37

wake37

does anyone think it could be the short term end to the solar play.

2. Everything is getting crushed.

3. this could get ugly here. solar was up as a result of higher oil and a weak dollar(chinese ADR). the momo names get hit the hardest and solar was a momo sector. same with agriculture although agriculture is'nt nearly as speculative as solar.

4. Solar isnt getting crushed, its just a nice little correction.

I dont know how you guys trade, but I look at Bollinger Bands as a key indicator and I day/swingtrade. The price went over the top Bollinger which is most always a sell sign. It does appear that the price did not go lower then the 20 day moving average. I bought some on the dip today, but set a stop slightly under the 20 day moving average.

I think this is just a correction due to a price runup. If it goes lower then the 20 day moving average and into the lower Bollinger then thats where I will be concerned and sell some of the CSUN I bought.

• csun.png
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views:
  5. I have a question because I'm still paper trading and whats the difference between DSTI, and DSTIZ I know they are both solar but they have different ticker symbols and are listed as the same company. Only reason I ask is because DSTIZ came up on a screener and DSTI did not

6. S2007S

S2007S

they need a solar etf.

7. pbj

pbj

DSTIZ are the warrants (long-term options) for the stock DSTI.

8. Ok, so I would be charged for the purchase of an option contract then or is that something that can have as many shares as I want purchased? Kind of confused by this I guess.

9. Trying to figure out why DSTIZ came up on my screener instead of DSTI I used trade-ideas for my criteria but it is odd because DSTI had the same type of pattern, I shorted this stock by the way so I did not get crushed on it today.