SogoInvest's Newest addition SogoElite

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by giles117, Mar 5, 2007.

1. jimcramer

jimcramer

Giles, your sogoelite account has been activated yet? I got an email saying that my account is activated.

#51     Apr 11, 2007
  2. Haven't been paying attention....

#52     Apr 11, 2007
  3. Finally, my elite account has been activated. (actually a few days ago. I received an email stating it would activated in 1 biz day and totally forgot about it.)

Seems their Equifax check didnt pick up my new address. So they xfrd all my invest info over to the elite account.

Now for the funding. Will be shooting over a wire...

I will keep yall's posted. LOL.

Far cry better handling than Etraitors when this same type of incident occured. Equifax. disparities...

#53     Apr 19, 2007
  4. While I am waiting for funding to take place... Just thought I'd share a few notes on the software (initial impressions)

Cumbersome to delete windows that you have opened. you actually have to enlarge them, then click delete then click the resize button toe get your layout back. CUMBERSOME.

You can creat your own preset Window Layouts. Which is nice because this thing doesnt have detachable windows.

All order entry is done at the bottom of the quotes window, no bid/ask clicking. Of course you can set her up to confirm orders or click and go..

Of course windows are resizeable.

The standard layout has to linkes charts. One in Daily view and one in Minute view. Of course you can adjust them.

Charts arent the prettiest, but useful. They Load Data Very quickly. As oppossed to the month long wait I experience with IB charts. LOL.

Adding symbols is quick and easy. Click on any symbol cell in the quote page and type away

This is much easier to navigate than Laser.

I'll provide trading details ASAP. Specifically Stop Buy and Stop Sell Orders...

Bid Ask Last Price updates are a touch quicker than TWS...

For those who ask. I am running the platform on an Intel-Mac inside of the Parallels VM software side by side with Java Based TWS (Running in OS X)

#54     Apr 19, 2007
  5. Here is a quick screen shot....

#55     Apr 19, 2007
  6. jo.m

jo.m

Giles, thank you very much for the update on SogoElite. I am waiting for my paperwork to go through so I can deposit funds, and I will also post my opinions as I use their system. I did call to test their customer support twice, and both times I got very thorough and appropriate answers (and courteous as well).

Can you do a custom minute chart for anything other than the standard 1, 5, 10, etc? Thanks again.
    Jo

#56     Apr 19, 2007
  7. Unfortunately, the Intervals are fixed. I am not certain what the numbers below the intervals are for however.

#57     Apr 19, 2007
  8. jo.m

jo.m

For anyone having trouble or delays getting their SogInvest or SogoElite account opened/funded . . . I faxed a copy of a voided check, my passport, and my driver's license, plus a form they require for ACH transfers to/from your bank, on Wednesday. Although I had not received an email from them yet, I called this afternoon and the customer service rep was very nice about doing something to my account so I could depost funds immediately. It all went through fine and should take about 2 business days for the funds to be available for trading. So far, all has gone well.

#58     Apr 20, 2007
  9. GTC

GTC

giles117/Others, though late, I am assuming you might have been able to set up your accounts since March with SogoElite. How are the stop orders' executions at Sogoelite compare to your other brokers?

#59     May 4, 2007
  10. jo.m

jo.m

Hi to all - It has been since 041907 that I last posted about opening my SogoElite account. Would you believe that it is STILL not open? After multiple calls they said it was activated. However, the software I downloaded will not load without an error message, and it then shuts down. Their website says:

System Requirements
    SogoElite is not compatible with Windows Vista or Macintosh operating systems
    Minimum system requirements :
    Windows XP, NT, 2000, 2003
    Pentinum III 500 mhz or higher
    RAM : 256 mb

I have a great computer with much more memory etc than this. When I finally got through to support (after multiple attempts - I have discovered, also, that you frequently get a message, "No one is available to take your call"), the support supervisor told me I need more memory than I already have.

Soooooo - in the meantime, I have been using the regular SogoInvest account. Today, from about 3:31 pm until 4:10 pm, I could not access my account at all. When I finally got into it, I kept getting a message that "The Order Status page is unavailable." Which means that I could not exit any positions at all (although two were now close to hitting my target and I wanted out before the weekend!!!) because you have to cancel any existing sell limit order (on that unavailable page) before you can do a new sell order.

I am planning to close out all remaining positions with SogoInvest first thing Monday morning and switch to a different broker. I don't have enough confidence in this company to continue with them.

jo.m

#60     May 11, 2007