SogoInvest's Newest addition SogoElite

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by giles117, Mar 5, 2007.

1. GTC

GTC

giles117, Did Sogo allow you to do pre-market trading at around 7AM EST?

#31     Mar 9, 2007
  2. No, Invest is only normal hours.

Elite is supposed to include pre and after hours.

We will see shortly :)

#32     Mar 9, 2007
  3. It's officially up. I'll let you know how it goes....

www.sogoinvest.com

Data fee is $7/month. 10 trades or more and it's free.

Min $500 to open the account.

#33     Mar 15, 2007
  4. GTC

GTC

giles117, if possible at all, with your different brokerage firms' accounts, could you try placing stop (market) orders for the same number of shares (<=1000 shares) of the same stock using the same (e.g., "last") activation option and using different type of stocks (low volume, high volume, etc.) in different time of the day e.g., faster market trading time (near market opening/closing, during earnings releases, etc), relatively slow time, etc.?

#34     Mar 16, 2007
  5. Sure can. As soon as the paperwork is completed for Elite I'll get the 3 up and place the same order

Stop By and Stop Sell.

I have a hunch who will be the slowest....But I'll give you the results....

I will tell you this, with the Browser based version of Sogo, even in fast market I got excellent fills.

Usually midway between the B/A spread if market. Except with AMEX stocks. I had to toss in a limit to get the fill I wanted.

#35     Mar 16, 2007
  6. For those who heard bad stories about getting money out of Sogo. Here is my most recent excursion.

On Friday, March 16th I initiated an ACH withdrawal. This must be done my Emailing or faxing in an ACH request form (cumbersome... But ok)

I woke up this morning, (Monday March 19,) checked my bank account and the funds were there.

Kudos to Sogo......

#36     Mar 19, 2007
  7. I'm in the process of opening an account with Sogo, and I'm having a heck of a time finding info on their trading platform, order types, etc.

I'm primarily a daytrader/scalper, and I execute approximately 153 trades per month through Scottrade. I've had excellent customer service with them, and my fills have been decent. I also like their trading platform...it's just those $7 commissions...they are killing me. 153 trades x $7 = $1071 commission per month.

So...I'm hoping the SogoInvest Platinum package is the answer. Executing my trades for $1.50 each would save me over $800/month in commissions.

Just finishing the paperwork with SogoInvest now, and I will be funding the account this week. I've noticed the quotes are currently 15 minutes delayed, and I can't find the trading platform. I'm guessing I will have to convert my SogoInvest account to a SogoElite account. Is that correct?

I'm very confused as to the difference between a SogoInvest account vs. a SogoElite account.

I basically just want a margin account where I can buy, sell, short, and cover stocks with both market and limit orders on a trading platform that runs smoothly and has decent chart features (candlesticks, moving averages, current volume) based on real-time market data.

Any comments on your experience with Sogo would be great.

--Scalpo

#37     Mar 20, 2007
  8. Sogo Elite is the account type you want to setup for your trading style.

The platinum pricing is the same for either invest or elite. However elite gives you a windows based trading platform and free realtime data feed (under platinum)

They are moving slowly on the elite side of things. I havnt received my confirmation for elite..

If you web traded with Scottrade, it works fine (but slow)

I only average about 60 trades per month and my total commission cost came in at about 105-120/ month with Invest platinum.

www.elite.sogoinvest.com

Check the download link to grab the software. You might want to call them and see what the timeframe is for elite accounts as it is less than 4 days old.

#38     Mar 20, 2007
  9. Giles,

Thanks for including the link to sogoelite.

i just checked it out, and it looks great. Now for the paperwork -- conversion of sogoinvest to sogoelite. im guessing that's going to take a week or so...maybe longer.

Keep us informed on the sogoelite platform and how it performs for you over the next few weeks! I watched the platform tutorial and it has a lot of the same features as scottrade's platform, so that's good.

--Scalpo

#39     Mar 20, 2007
  10. jimcramer

jimcramer

Hi Giles117,

I hope you are actively trading on the new Sogoelite platform. What has been your experience so far? Any bugs/issues with the software? Execution speed? Short stocks, etc?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

#40     Apr 2, 2007