Software Used to Trade Jack Hershey Methods

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tums, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Is the quotetracker web site kaput?

#51     Jul 18, 2007
  2. bi9foot

bi9foot

Works for me

#52     Jul 18, 2007
  3. '
    This is strange. I have been unable to open the quotetracker site on either of my computers for several days. I recently installed the Zone Alarm security suite on both computers and Im wondering if theres some connection. I dont have any trouble getting into any other sites.

#53     Jul 19, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

If you would read the spyder futures thread syllabus you would know that live trading will take place towards the end of the year.

#54     Jul 19, 2007
  5. IB users:

Be aware that TWS apparently has a major glitcth with the way bars are time stamped for real time and historic data. Seems that this causes major problems with the way charts update. It wasn't a problem in previous versions and no one from IB seems to respond to requests for help.

#55     Jul 19, 2007
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

on 7-17 sierrachart forum mentions a new streaming data feed from IB TWS, new format, you may want to check it out.

#56     Jul 19, 2007
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

str-squ for esignal

#57     Jul 20, 2007
  8. I have recently tried Quotetrader out for the DOM. If you are an Esignal user it is free, and I think it is free to use with quite a few brokers. The DOM works great, and you can change features through the properties. It links to your broker to place trades, and also comes with charting ( that has a couple good features , but is limited in coloring bars for price and volume), and you can access research. I like this in addition to esignal . Works well. http://www.esignal.com/quotetrader/dom_chart.asp

#58     Jul 21, 2007
  9. I've seen some references to TradeStation on both SpyderTrader's Hershey Equities and Futures forums and would very much appreciate talking to TS users about their opinions of TS.

I like the programmability of the software but am concerned about locking into their data feed and brokerage. I'd really like to talk to some folks actually using TS, especially on the Hershey methods PVT & SCT, before switching.

Specifically likes & dislikes, pros & cons...

I'll be happy to have the conversation off-line if any TS users would PM me.

Thanks!!

#59     Jul 21, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

balancing between drawing too many channels or too few channels takes up time, so I hit on solution of letting auto zig zag gives me possible point 1,2,3 first. A great visual aid I think. :)

#60     Jul 25, 2007