Software Used to Trade Jack Hershey Methods

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tums, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Yes, it continually shows the current value and the complete history, bar to bar and intrabar. I find that more precise and I'm happy to interpret it, but each to their own.

I found the 15-bar MA too twitchy, so I use a 20-bar. The MA also gives you a good idea of how much you should change the FV offset when it has drifted (i.e., about half whatever the current MA value is).

Here's a pic - I added extra lines to show it should work, though I won't keep them.

#41     Jul 15, 2007

2. It is possible to set up QT so that it centers on a zero based histogram.

#42     Jul 15, 2007
  3. How?

#43     Jul 15, 2007
  4. In the indicators window, add the indicator without the histogram and the histogam only indicator. Enter the appropriate settings for each. Highlight both the indicators, right click them, select link.

#44     Jul 17, 2007
  5. So it sounds like quotetracker supports str/sqz stuff. How about DOM capabilities ? Just beginning to take a look at this stuff.

Thinking about using IQfeed with quotetracker to do this stuff. Anyone know if iqfeed has a DDE interface, or quotetracker for that matter ?

Been doing equities only up 'till now.

Any input appreciated. :cool:

#45     Jul 17, 2007
  6. I am using Camtaisa to record the daily chart activity. I use two screens, but I can only seem to record one. Does anyone know how I can record both screens using Camtasia?

#46     Jul 17, 2007
  7. As far as I've been able to figure this is not possible. I created a special recording workspace where all the charts are sized into a single screen size.

#47     Jul 17, 2007
  8. Sorry for the delay. Been busy. Pr0crast did a powerpoint on setting this up awhile back but I dont remember how far back it is. Go to Options/Edit preferences/Misc. and scroll down to Portfolio Charts and select Value instead of Change and your chart will track the spread.

#48     Jul 17, 2007
  9. I just checked and I can record both screens - select Region before recording and drag the frame across both screens.

I only record one screen normally though.

Does anyone know a good way to compress the files?

#49     Jul 17, 2007
  10. For IB users:

1. open file, do not allow macros or updates
    2. select all worksheet tabs
    3. Find-Replace myID -> your user id, replace All (there should be 27 replacements).

Save, close, open, allow macros and updates. Resize the window and position however you want. The Excel charts remain responsive to modifications and there should no longer be any VB error messages.

P1

#50     Jul 17, 2007