Software Used to Trade Jack Hershey Methods

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tums, Jun 26, 2007.

1. After about a month of back and forth, I finally got the files to QT support so that they could predictably recreate the vanishing volume lines problem. And the next day they had a fix!

It will be included in the next beta release, but meanwhile anyone having this problem should contact QT support for a link to the new stocks.exe file.

Good customer support.

#31     Jul 14, 2007
  2. Look at TradeGuider software...very easy to make different colored channels & uses volume to identify trend turns.

www.tradeguider.com

#32     Jul 14, 2007
  3. I have five horizontal lines on my STR/SQU. I cannot set any more. Does anyone else have this problem as well? I find the available offering of STR/SQU from QT to be of little value as it they have coded it, but it would be nice to maximize whatever benefits it does provide.

#33     Jul 14, 2007
  4. You only need lines at +2 and -2. Am I missing something?

#34     Jul 14, 2007
  5. In 'select indicators' I can add as many lines as in any other chart, no problems, though I've only been using 3 (may try 5 now, thanks to Pr0crast's suggestion).

Also I find it more usable than str/squ in any of the other programs I've used. What other problems are you having?

Running an n-period MA on str-sq helps detect when FV is drifting, or trending.... though it would be nice if we could get the $CASH value to auto-adjust.

#35     Jul 14, 2007
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

str-squ in sierrachart now with correct color
    [​IMG]

#36     Jul 14, 2007
  7. Hmm. Thems some powerful readings. Are you using a different scale? I dont see many plus or minus 10's on mine.

#37     Jul 14, 2007
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

this is at end of day friday
    [​IMG]

#38     Jul 14, 2007
  9. KK70

KK70

Tradestation's EasyLanguage can be used to code the indicators used thus far in SpyderTrader's SCT journal. But coding the DOM's behaviour may be a problem IMHO. Added advantage of TS is the automation feature where orders are executed once the strategy signals an entry/exit.

#39     Jul 14, 2007
  10. Bundlemaker,

In addition to the +2/-2 lines I also have one at zero and +5/-5 so as to have a better point of reference when I glance at the S/S. I want to add additional lines at +3/-3 to capitalize on what Pr0crast posted in regards to TL alerts.

I can add as many lines as I want in the Select Indicator window, but they fail to show up in the actual window. --Strange stuff there.

-------------------------------------------------
    Also I find it more usable than str/squ in any of the other programs I've used. What other problems are you having?

Running an n-period MA on str-sq helps detect when FV is drifting, or trending.... though it would be nice if we could get the $CASH value to auto-adjust.

Palinuro,

QT only shows a value change in the offset. Additionally it is not displayed as a histogram. Consequently you can have a reading that may strart at zero or it may start at -3,+3.5,-4...etc. As a result you have to interpret the movement/readings as they come.

What is the n-value MA you are running?

#40     Jul 14, 2007