Software Used to Trade Jack Hershey Methods

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tums, Jun 26, 2007.

1. My bad... when you said (Look at the "My Scripts" folder for them) I tried to find your scripts, I just realized that you were talking about my personal scripts and when I save them. lol. Thank you.

#1571     Nov 1, 2018
  2. stepan7

stepan7

Does anyone using NT7 still?

#1572     Nov 4, 2018
    Cottagefry likes this.
  3. Would like to know this to...

#1573     Nov 4, 2018
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Well, I've made multiple attempts at contacting you about it to which I've received no reply.

I do have to thank you in that the lack of response motivated me to throughly document this thread and begin the porting process to NT8.

The way you have it set up, my interpretation is that you are more of a vendor and should represent yourself as such. Best to be upfront about it. Coding skills have value.

However throughout this thread you and Spydertrader appear to be the only ones whom didn't offer their work as open source. In Spydertrader's case he shared all the logic open source in other threads but encapsulated the source code for TN.

Makes sense to me and quite appropriate in his case.

My intention is for this not to be meant or received as criticism in any way. In fact if it wasn't for your frequent posts on updates to the JHM software, it would not have stimulated a desire and drive within me to understand the underlying logic nor would I have attempted to decode RDBMS.

I would not be experiencing the success I am today with the RDBMS methodology without the above - so you have my deep appreciation and gratitude, thank you!

Happy Trading to you!

#1574     Nov 6, 2018
  5. Sprout

Sprout

This is my current map of the territory, if there are any other threads to add, lmk.

#1575     Nov 6, 2018
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  6. Sprout

Sprout

Hey @Pepe!,

Would it be possible to have an indicator auto draw some pace lines and arrow labels for a fresh clean chart prior to annotations? Annotating RDBMS generates about 500 drawing elements per day to which I must delete the prior day's annotations prior to reaching ~1000 drawing elements per chart before I begin to get errors in saving. I know the pace lines are not the ones prescribed, it's just helpful for me to align paper charts by hand and assist in manual calibration during RTH. The drawing templates have been instrumental in annotating RDBMS.

I still not have had the opportunity to work with the PRV code you've generous shared. For my purposes the bar coloring has to be amended to the RDBMS methodology.

TV question for pepe about pace lines and arrows.png

#1576     Nov 6, 2018
  7. Sprout

Sprout

To clarify, I'm not asking this of you, just whether it's within the capabilities of pinescript and if so to give some guidance.

#1577     Nov 7, 2018
  8. stepan7

stepan7

Matthew 7:1-6 King James Version (KJV)
    7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

King James Version (KJV)
    Public Domain

#1578     Nov 8, 2018
  9. Sprout

Sprout

Yeshua said,
    "One who seeks will find.
    For one who knocks it will be opened."

The Gospel of Thomas
    Meyer Translation

Other more verbose translations essentially goes like this:

And I say to you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.

https://biblehub.com/luke/11-9.htm

28 different translations/versions and counting,...

This is my last response on this topic, I prefer to keep this thread on the original topic of JHM software. Thanks for understanding!

#1579     Nov 8, 2018
  10. Pepe

Pepe

Hi,

Yes, you can draw a set of fixed lines for PACE in the volume pane (use the 'plot' function). The "arrows" can be drawn with 'plotarrow' or 'plotshape' function. You just need to code the conditions for how and when they are drawn.

For the "delete all objects" on the previous chart the best way I know is to use the "Remove Drawing Tools" from the "Trash" option on the left toolbar of the chart. It deletes all drawings in the chart (but doesn't make any change to the indicator scripts).

If you check inside my script code you will see the conditions for bar colours. Just change them to fit your needs. It should be easy but let me know if you need help with that.

I will try to integrate the Pace lines inside my PRV script when I have some free time left.

#1580     Nov 8, 2018
    Sprout likes this.