Software to trade on the chart

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by alessm, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Whatever works best for you. Take care.

We just want you and readers to know that we are expanding our trading capabilities and will eventually add study controlled targets and stops.

#11     Sep 24, 2009
  2. From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs

#12     Sep 25, 2009
  3. alessm

alessm

PT Multistation is a nightmare, they have good ideas but need a lot of time to mature as a product. Good thing I only payed 1 month subscription :)

#13     Oct 3, 2009
  4. alessm

alessm

thanks for the reply, the main reason I dislike SierraCharts is the interface. I just can't be bothered to work my way through it when there are better designed UIs out there...

#14     Oct 3, 2009
  5. Understood. Everyone has their own opinion, and we respect that. However, in what area do you find the user interface not as good as what you would like? Is it with general charting, drawing tools, chart trading, trading in general, or studies? In the past year we have made many user-interface improvements to make accessing often used functionality even easier. Sometimes it is just a matter of the user not being familiar with an easy way to perform a certain action.

#15     Oct 3, 2009
  6. to strange... i've spent a day to adjust my workspace and i dont have any problems now... i think you should pay more attention to it.

#16     Oct 4, 2009
  7. Here are some recent user-interface improvements we have made:

1. You can click and drag along the timescale to change the bar spacing.

2. You can double-click a chart drawing, such as a trendline in the middle to move it. Or you can double-click on the ends to adjust the end you double clicked on. If you hold the Control key while double-clicking, a copy of the chart drawing is made.

3. You can right-click on the text above a region to quickly access the studies and change the settings. There is also an Apply button on the settings window.

4. Interactive scaling is supported in all chart regions.

#17     Oct 4, 2009
  8. BSAM

BSAM

SierraChart.....

What is the monthly cost for SierraChart if I execute thru IB TWS, using IB data?

Most people, imo, want to (1) go to a website, (2) be able to quickly and clearly understand the price, (3) download the software and trade. Your website is like working one's way thru a maze.

#18     Oct 4, 2009
  9. It is 26 USD/month before discount, and you can see the pricing here:
    http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?l=doc/Packages.php

Due to the nature of charting and trading software, market data and brokers, pricing is not a simple thing.

These are the setup instructions:
    http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?l=doc/setup.php

#19     Oct 4, 2009
  10. Jachyra

Jachyra

I just looked at some of your screenshots... I can't tell whether or not its actually possible to disable the horizontal scroll bars and the window title/caption bar on the chart windows, or if thats just how the screenshot was snapped (and/or cropped). I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but the pictures on the website give the impression that the software is less than ideal for traders who like to keep very low profile windows and layouts and try to squeak out every last usable pixel of screen real estate.

The windows just look big and bulky to me for some reason. Can this be customized and to what extent?

#20     Oct 4, 2009