Software to trade multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by buddhabless, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Truff

Truff

www.cqg.com

#11     Mar 1, 2005
  2. paradox

paradox

Buttontrader can trade multiple accounts.

#12     Mar 1, 2005
  3. dpanic

dpanic

I believe a version of Zeroline trader is due out very soon which will support multiple accounts.

www.zerolinetrader.com

#13     Mar 1, 2005
  4. tomcole

tomcole

try a patsystem, like jtrader,

#14     Mar 1, 2005
  5. Thanks for everyone help. Button Trader seem to do the trick. Please close the tread.

#15     Mar 1, 2005
  6. alanm

alanm

What is it about an IB F&F and/or advisor account that doesn't do this? I thought that was the whole point of them - to trade 10 contracts at once and then allocate 2 to one account, 5 to another, etc. automatically or manually as needed. Don't they do this?

#16     Mar 2, 2005
  7. maven97

maven97

I thought this as well. Is it not true?

#17     Mar 3, 2005
  8. Truff

Truff

Stay Far away from anything supported by PATS data!!! Nothing against j trader, its a nice platform, but PATS data is terrible. Trademaven is another platform thats great for block trading.

#18     Mar 3, 2005
  9. yes. i use it every day. works great.

#19     Mar 3, 2005
  10. Hoi

Hoi

@Alanm

Opening a Friends&Family account implies that you open a legal-entity (need to fill in quite a lot of forms). The rules and handling are not appealing to all Multi-account traders. There are multi-account managers who trade for their clients (occasionally, or for some agreed period) just by using their TWS.

Further you can not join ALL the account-types available to one F&F account. The types should be Margin-accounts, which makes it impossible to have an IRA-cash in the set. (but maybe IB has changed that).

Further the allocation-trading in the F&F is not that flexible as what is possible in other tools (you know where I’m talking about). For instance, scaling-out/in to an allocation-trade on one of the sub-accounts, is not possible in TWS.

Tools who can connect and join one or more F&F-TWSs and single-TWSs together to one system can be very attractive for every one who likes to manage multi-accounts.

#20     Mar 3, 2005