Software to replay trading days?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sanjuro, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Is there any software that generages tick by tick data
    simulating the actual trading day for any day you pick?

I just noticed ensign has a similar feature
    http://www.ensignsoftware.com/lessons/lesson2.htm
    but i think it's a randomly generated chart and not
    a real previous market day.

Thanks!

2. Ensign has that functionality. You can dowload historical ES or NQ files from their website, and play them back tick by tick. They also have the capability of randomly generated prices, in addition to the playback of real market data. I believe you can also create your own files of whatever symbol you might want to take a look at.

One drawback is that it can only play back one symbol at a time. However, you can have as many open charts/timeframes of the symbol as you want and all will update tick-by-tick.

Good luck,
    Mav

3. No offense, but when are you going to find time for this??

4. Whamo

Whamo

It's not so time consuming if you set Ensign's Playback to regular speed until you see your setup and enter a position (if you're using the simulator). Then turn up the playback to +3 or 4 times regular speed until you're stopped out.

5. corvus

corvus

LOL, uh whamo, until you are stopped out? How's that for optimistic thinking. :D

6. Whamo

Whamo

Should have added that I often times use a manual trailing stop so I usually get stopped out of at least the last contract:D

7. In Visual Trader from Nirvana software, there is a feature that will replay the market day. I don't know if it would be suitable for what you had in mind.