Software to keep track of day to day trading?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by trader_eight, Jan 11, 2008.

1. AJJ

AJJ

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply

Straddleplanner is not a trading tool but a risk management tool.

The site is perfectly suited for working out and managing risk of option strategies.
    Determine how a corporate action could influence your greeks (eg. with stock splits and contract size adjustments)
    Work with up to 14 discrete dividends to calculate longterm conversions and reversal. And much more.

The things you ask for are only included in very expensive trading tools (check out atom pro, TT, deriva, RTS and RTD, Xtrader) these will cost you a couple of hunderd bugs a month.

Regards, AJJ

#31     Mar 12, 2008
  2. Vienna

Vienna

Too much time (for me)... that's about what it takes me in Excel... hence I am looking for something that let's me do it in 10.

#32     Mar 12, 2008
  3. DT1

DT1

I now use 'see finance'. The only software i have ever use that imports accurately ib ofx files.

#33     Jul 22, 2012
  4. Think forward.

What if you had 200-500 trades a day. Do you think you can still rely on Excel ?

#34     Jul 29, 2012
  5. DT1

DT1

What software do you use to import and analyze your trades?

#35     Jul 29, 2012
  6. #36     Jul 29, 2012
  7. DT1

DT1

Yes. I tried it and it works fine. IB imports are accurate. But i prefer 'see finance' because i can import all my bank accounts in it.

#37     Jul 29, 2012
  8. IM still in the midst of automating the importing and analysis, however using IB's trade reports export, I'll dump them into my own macro enabled xls sheet solely for reporting.

It has most of the standard formulas in it eg. win/loss ratio, max winloss, per win loss amt, sharp ratio, probability distribution function.

Combined this with my algo trading stats and analysis, you paint a good picture what went well and what well wrong, given 1 month's of data. Theres alot of story to tell, and hell lots of parameters to tweak.

#38     Jul 30, 2012