Software that will shut you down after x amount of losses?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DT3, May 19, 2011.

1. DT3

DT3

Does anyone know if any software like this exists for Ninja Trader, or for that matter any other commercial platforms?

2. Bob111

Bob111

i can write my own,but it would be pointless,since i can change it at any time. you have to know,where and when to stop. without software :p

3. dojistarz

dojistarz Guest

I know at one point it was possible for the broker to block account for rest of day after a certain amount is lost.

But blocking trades after so many losses in a row the only thing I can think of is self-discipline but you already knew that right?

4. I heard of a device that will deliver 1000 volts to your testes after a $1000 or more loss.

Check Ebay

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.

5. Casey Bonse

Casey Bonse ET Sponsor

We have two platforms that offer this feature, GSTrader and Turbo Trader 2.
    To learn more about these platforms contact me directly or click here to visit our website.

Casey Bonse

Global Futures Exchange & Trading Co., Inc.

T 877-367-3177 Toll Free (USA/Can)

T 818-996-0404 International

www.GlobalFutures.com

There is a substantial risk of loss in trading futures, options, and forex. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.

6. if you actually need this you might have some emotional control problems that need to be looked at.

7. If you are talking about creating your own risk manager - shut down after a dollar amount of losses - some software does that. I believe Open ECry has this, although I've never used it.

If you want it to shut down after so many losses regardless of the $ amount lost, not sure if that's out there.

For example, you can shut it down after $1k of losses easily. But if you want to shut it down after 5 losses, regardless of what the $ amount lost is, not sure about that part.

EDIT

Yep, OEC has it - http://www.openecry.com/software/softwarehighlights_riskmonitor.cfm

Looks like you can set quite a few parameters in there, so maybe it can do what you'd want.

8. BSAM

BSAM

Actually, this software is already preinstalled in your brain. However, you do have to activate it.

9. I'm guessing if OP is asking then that part is not working up to par.

:p

Good news is that there are options so apparently this is a requested feature on platforms.

10. DT3

DT3

I just find that after I take 5 losses in a row or lose x amount of money I get very trigger happy taking very mediocre trades. My records show I'd be better of just calling it a day rather then trying to trade my way out of it.

I'll check out the recommendations in this thread, thanks for the help.

#10     May 20, 2011