Software that executes through IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nicbizz, Aug 26, 2010.

1. nicbizz

nicbizz

Hi,

Is there a third party software that executes through IB that allows me to enter a list of orders spreadsheet style, with attached stops and profit targets? I'd need the stops and profit target to be derived from some formula (i.e. % from entry price). I don't mind if its something similar to a basket order, where everything on the page is transmitted with a single click.

IB Excel DDE does half of what I need, unfortunately, it can't fetch Open prices (yea, stupid right?) and bracket orders must be done manually after the parent order is keyed in.

Thanks.

2. Roark

Roark

You can do that with Amibroker.

3. The SVM system is actually working well for the IB contest. So I guess that's a yes on ML algorithms. You can always control overfitting by using regularization (to penalize "complex" models) or by using crossvalidation.

4. dlonET

dlonET

you can use SierraCharts - very good charting program that I am trying.
    It has embedded workbooks for non C++ programmers. If you know you Excel then you are at home with the SC charts.
    Good Luck with it

5. I run a robot using Amibroker to control IB. The data feed itself comes from IB into Amibroker, so it's neat (2 systems instead of 3). This is a very low cost solution - Amibroker is under $300 and if you get your data from IB then that's free.

6. CHECK OUT {"COOLTRADE"}.......GOOGLE IT FOR WEB ADDRESS

7. there are so many soft ware with this keyword. don't know which is best for me :D

8. mss

mss

I use Amibroker to figure out the orders I want to submit. I transfer the output to Excel. I get the bid/ask and the open in excel through XLQ and IQFEED. I think XLQ uses RTD rather than DDE so it is very fast with a lot of symbols. I used to submit orders directly from Excel using TWSLINK. For some reason, I could not get TWSLINK to submit orders as rapidly as the IB Basket so I now transfer the orders from Excel to the IB Basket and use the IB Basket to submit initial orders. Excel through TWSLINK reads whatever positions I end up with and then Excel automatically submits targets and stops. It's a Rube Goldberg arrangement and it is a lot of tedious programming but it works ok.

mss