software that can do this...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lorndavies, Sep 9, 2003.

1. what i'm looking for, is charting software that allows you to place or record trades directly on the chart and then records the trades in an exportable format. better yet, that calculates win ratio and drwdown, etc.

the reason for this is that i've had a hard time programming the recognition of patterns in different backtesting software and i dare say that for some patterns it's just to dificult to be worth the effort.

so my idea is if there's some piece of software where you can just go in and say ok, i would buy or sell right here (maybe a little buy icon that gets placed on a specific candle) and then later you could write code that filters your trades based on any indicators or what have you.

is this just a pipe dream? does anyone know of something like this... or have an idea of how it could be done.

thanks

2. come on now nobody has heard of or has any ideas about this? I've been trying to get a response from esignal... they have the simulator feature, but I don't think you can export your trades...or at least not that I've been able to figure out

even any guesses on this would be hugely appreciated, thanks

lorn

3. You say you have been talking to e-signal. Hmmmmm.

Well, between e-signal Dyna order, (maybe some others too) and IB it is possible to totally automate stuff.

You need to write .efs files to do it. and yes, trades can be graphically shown on the chart.

Kind regards

Natalie